DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Starting/Stopping Engines Mid-Flight

dwashy21

Reactions
Just saw this video online and it got me wondering... Being able to drop elevation quickly would be nice, but it seems kind of risky. If the AC flips over and is upside down does it even have a way of re-orienting itself? I'm guessing no, but what do I know. Seems sketchy, but it worked for this guy (so far)

Reactions: lucky4meman
The IMU _should_ recover from pretty much any orientation given enough space but be my guest if you want to test it yourself ;)

I don't see why the Mavic would not recover from any angle. I have a home built with KK 2 controller and Blade. I like just throwing then into the air then starting the props in mid air, always works

I just tried starting the motors and giving it a small toss. It initiated flight and became stable very quickly.

I have seen that video sometime ago as that guy has done so crazy things with his Mavic he also tried to land on the back of his truck whilst the truck was being driven by his mate.
I don't think I would attempt turning the Mavic off in flight, if I had lots of disposable cash yes then I would give it a go:eek:

mavic can recover at any orientation , dosent take much altitude either. youtube has a lot of videos of people abusing the poor thing. but its extremely resilient provided nothing is damaged.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu