DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

state farm insurance

chappmaster

Reactions
st.cloud area Minnesota called one he said they dont offer for drones so i tried another and he says they do $30/yr but i asked about the $0 deductible he said that option is no longer going becuz people were claiming over propeller and small parts

just giving you guys info for this area in this state

st.cloud area Minnesota called one he said they dont offer for drones so i tried another and he says they do $30/yr but i asked about the $0 deductible he said that option is no longer going becuz people were claiming over propeller and small parts

just giving you guys info for this area in this state
Strange, I just setup a new personal articles policy yesterday, with State Farm, $0 deductible, $39/year, and am also in MN! (Minneapolis suburb)

I think it might be dependent on specific offices and underwriters. I called 3 offices in my area (not in MN) to get quotes, two said they did the policies, one said they did not. Of the two one was $65, the other was $60.

I have 3 DJI Drones and accessories, got a binder for all of it on a Personal Articles policy for $102/year, also include a new Canon DLR camera I threw in. Wichita, KS area. Great value to me!

EDIT: Well, I got a call today from State Farm who is now saying they will not do the coverage for my drones since I use them sometimes for commercial purposes. They will only do a policy for a non-commercial type application. S.F. sucks! What a wimpy position to take!

Last edited:
I had to try two in my area last week but was successful at the second attempt.

Cost me $127 to insure the Mavic & accessories @ $1250, an iPad Mini, Mac Pro & accessories, and a Macbook air.

FWIW I received a letter from them this week which stated that they would be refunding me $27 for the iPad mini as they wouldn't be covering it due to not covering "personal electronic devices".

Their reasoning was "personal electronic devices" like iPads, iPhones, etc. frequently and easily get damaged, lost, or stolen, so they don't cover them.

Apparrantly an iPhone is much more fragile than a drone, but I digress, I elected not to push the issue as $1000 to cover around 6K worth of hardware isn't bad.

Apparrantly an iPhone is much more fragile than a drone, but I digress, I elected not to push the issue as $1000 to cover around 6K worth of hardware isn't bad.
Most likely its different as they have claims experience with ipads but not drones.

so is State Farm the only company that will do Drone insurance ? what about Progressive or Allstate, ect..

I had to try two in my area last week but was successful at the second attempt.

Cost me $127 to insure the Mavic & accessories @ $1250, an iPad Mini, Mac Pro & accessories, and a Macbook air.

FWIW I received a letter from them this week which stated that they would be refunding me $27 for the iPad mini as they wouldn't be covering it due to not covering "personal electronic devices".

Their reasoning was "personal electronic devices" like iPads, iPhones, etc. frequently and easily get damaged, lost, or stolen, so they don't cover them.

U mean $100...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada