DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Statefarm

Davee123

Reactions
Just to let you guys know I was debating about getting dji care refresh for my new mavic, but I decided to call up my local statefarm agent and requested a quote on how much it would be to insure my drone. In total I now pay 52$ a year to insure both my mavic and my p4 against loss, theft, damage, flyaways etc... I believe they are the route to go for protecting our drones. You don't even need to have a separate policy through them.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just to let you guys know I was debating about getting dji care refresh for my new mavic, but I decided to call up my local statefarm agent and requested a quote on how much it would be to insure my drone. In total I now pay 52$ a year to insure both my mavic and my p4 against loss, theft, damage, flyaways etc... I believe they are the route to go for protecting our drones. You don't even need to have a separate policy through them.

Sounds good, however, you may be overlooking the deductible. Each claim you file with State Farm will cost you a deductible and that typically ranges from $500 to $1,000, depending on how your policy is written. Mine is $500 so the $99 Refresh made better sense to me. Hopefully, you won't ever need to use either insurance companies. Have fun flying!

Just like communism. Great on paper. Horrible in reality. I wouldn't trust State Farm for this at all. I'm happy with the DJI care. They know their own metrics.

Sounds good, however, you may be overlooking the deductible. Each claim you file with State Farm will cost you a deductible and that typically ranges from $500 to $1,000, depending on how your policy is written. Mine is $500 so the $99 Refresh made better sense to me. Hopefully, you won't ever need to use either insurance companies. Have fun flying!

That's weird, my agent gave me a deal for $60 a year with no deductible.

Reactions: frankiez
$0 deductibles here too...I use State Farm for Home & Auto. All I had to do was provide them with the s/n & receipts for both my Mavic & P4P+.

The shop I am buying through is offering insurance through them for 150. Making a claim involves a 150 dollar deductible.

Cant understand how he is selling that coverage at those rates when you can get Refresh at 99 and State Fram at 60.

So is it as simple as calling a SF agent in my neighborhood and asking them to insure my drone?

I am in Brooklyn NY. Outside the CA omission for coverage.

Well it was simple for me being a State Farm customer for 20+ years. Also make sure you mention that the drone is actually a camera. Below is an excerpt from their webpage:
Personal Articles Policy May Cover:

• Cameras
  • Collectibles (such as dolls, model trains, sports cards, comic books, and stamp and coin collections)
  • Computer equipment and software (personal use only)
  • Fine art (such as oriental rugs and paintings)
  • Furs
  • Hearing aids and medical devices (such as insulin pumps, hearing implants, and artificial eyes and limbs)
  • Jewelry
  • Musical instruments
  • Silverware/goldware
  • Sports equipment

Features
Worldwide Coverage
Coverage applies anywhere in the world. When you go on vacation, items such as jewelry and cameras are covered (fine art items are only covered within the United States and Canada).

Replacement Cost Coverage
We'll pay the cost to repair or replace your property, without deduction for depreciation. The personal articles policy insures against theft and accidental direct physical damage to covered property with only a few limitations and exclusions.

Deductible
Generally there is no deductible for a personal articles policy, although deductibles are available if desired.

The shop I am buying through is offering insurance through them for 150. Making a claim involves a 150 dollar deductible.

Cant understand how he is selling that coverage at those rates when you can get Refresh at 99 and State Fram at 60.

So is it as simple as calling a SF agent in my neighborhood and asking them to insure my drone?

Your best bet would either be through statefarm or dji care but the only downside to dji care is you have to recover the drone after some type of accident. So let's say I was flying my drone over a lake and it takes a swim, dji care wouldn't cover it unless I could recover the drone somehow. Where statefarm I would just submit a claim with zero deductible and they would cut me a check

I just found out that Staples has drone insurance as well..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170113-172145.png
    Screenshot_20170113-172145.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: SaMavic

Who told you there was a deductible ?

i have zero deductible on mine and cost me $44 with Statefarm.

I have a question about State Farm. If the Mavic is on the personal articles floater, does that remove it from the liability coverage part of the main policy (like if the Mavic causes damage or injury)?

Who told you there was a deductible ?

i have zero deductible on mine and cost me $44 with Statefarm.

My agent told me. I'm currently in the process of moving/relocating and needed to confirm my coverage during a move (offsite damage). She told me everything was covered but I should try to file only one claim once the move is completed to avoid paying "multiple deductibles of $500 each."

If you all have SF renter's or owner's insurance with absolutely no deductible, then I need to have a serious talk with my agent or switch insurance policies or companies. I, too, have been with SF more than 20 years. If what you're saying is true, I'm seriously being ripped off.

Under this scenario, I would agree using your home owner's or renter's insurance policy would be the way to go, especially if it's $0 deductible per occurrence. And, unlike DJI, you get a new Mavic when it accidentally drops into a lake. :) This is exactly why I'm glad I follow these forums. Thanks everyone for enlightening me. I'll talk to my SF agent first thing Monday.

I got my State Farm policy in Brooklyn.
Let me know if you need a recommendation.

My agent told me. I'm currently in the process of moving/relocating and needed to confirm my coverage during a move (offsite damage). She told me everything was covered but I should try to file only one claim once the move is completed to avoid paying "multiple deductibles of $500 each."

If you all have SF renter's or owner's insurance with absolutely no deductible, then I need to have a serious talk with my agent or switch insurance policies or companies. I, too, have been with SF more than 20 years. If what you're saying is true, I'm seriously being ripped off.

Under this scenario, I would agree using your home owner's or renter's insurance policy would be the way to go, especially if it's $0 deductible per occurrence. And, unlike DJI, you get a new Mavic when it accidentally drops into a lake. :) This is exactly why I'm glad I follow these forums. Thanks everyone for enlightening me. I'll talk to my SF agent first thing Monday.

I have no other policy with state farm, just coverage for the drone with no deductible

Larry,
I believe the no deductible part refers to "personal articles floater" policies, which are different from the standard homeowner's or renters policies. Floaters generally have no deductibles.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys