DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stealthiness

MavicKhan

Reactions
One thing I am noticing with my Mavic Pro is how stealthy it is.

Yesterday, I was landing and taking-off in a seafront promenade full of people passing by or sitting on the stone balcony over the beach (...waiting for moments well clear of people, of course...) and although people did look at the UAV when it was taking off or landing they wouldn't even notice while it was flying around, over the mostly deserted beach, and zapping from one side of the small bay to the other.

As soon as this thing reaches 30 meters in height and 75-100 in horizontal distance it is pretty much unseeable and inaudible, making a tough cake to comply with VLOS legislation (negative) but also quite the non-attention-gather (positive).

I am happy :)

MK

Yesterday, I was landing and taking-off in a seafront promenade full of people passing by or sitting on the stone balcony over the beach (...waiting for moments well clear of people, of course...) and although people did look at the UAV when it was taking off or landing they wouldn't even notice while it was flying around, over the mostly deserted beach, and zapping from one side of the small bay to the other.

As soon as this thing reaches 30 meters in height and 75-100 in horizontal distance it is pretty much unseeable and inaudible, making a tough cake to comply with VLOS legislation (negative) but also quite the non-attention-gather (positive).

MK
Also when you go into Record mode and those Red lights go off- super stealthy! Happy Flying-

MK

Yes, one of it's great advantages over almost all if not all other quality photography drones.. :)

I had a Yuneec Q5004k and it was semi quiet.... the one thing I noticed is Mr Mavic (aka Mr angry hornet) is really quiet all the way around, and the size... i agree it is very stealthy !!

The Mavic may be the quietest (hobby grade) drone made........ I love the Angry Hornet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54