DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STILL eating battery life (Android)?

kaitlyn

Reactions
I had posted before about issues with the DJI GO 4 app sucking up my battery after a fresh restart AND never even opening the app.

Well now I've gone into app info, force-stopped it, and then at some point later in the future it has reopened itself. Just checking now, it's reporting having used 7% of my battery. And it's STILL not in my recents/all-apps list.

What on earth is going on? I am (basically) required to have this app to fly the mavic, but it just eats battery when I don't want it around.

I had posted before about issues with the DJI GO 4 app sucking up my battery after a fresh restart AND never even opening the app.

Well now I've gone into app info, force-stopped it, and then at some point later in the future it has reopened itself. Just checking now, it's reporting having used 7% of my battery. And it's STILL not in my recents/all-apps list.

What on earth is going on? I am (basically) required to have this app to fly the mavic, but it just eats battery when I don't want it around.

very new to this drone thing. This is not the answer that you are looking for but this is what I did with the same problem with a p3s. get yourself a tablet,save your phone.mine would discharge in 5 hours without use got back to normal after about 3 days,with a tablet who cares.

sorry for no solution

Have you tried force stopping it?
With my Samsung S5 if I view running apps from the square icon and tap the X to close it rather than swipe off screen it doesn't seem to be using any battery and the phone will standby for about three days.
You can also Force stop from App management, since you don't use it that frequently no big chore if you remember.

Have you tried force stopping it?
With my Samsung S5 if I view running apps from the square icon and tap the X to close it rather than swipe off screen it doesn't seem to be using any battery and the phone will standby for about three days.
You can also Force stop from App management, since you don't use it that frequently no big chore if you remember.

With all due respect, I literally said I went into app info and forced stop it in my post

Well I am still getting significant battery drain from the app when it's not in the recents list or open, and battery optimization is on for it.

This is just crazy. I'm pretty much required to have the app to use the drone, but it KILLS battery life that I risk not being able to use my phone for anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929