DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strain relief silicone/glue

martinhm

Reactions
Hi!

Does anyone know the name of the black silicone (or glue) that is used inside the Mavic as strain relief for the motor wires and for preventing connectors from disconnecting?

Hi!

Does anyone know the name of the black silicone (or glue) that is used inside the Mavic as strain relief for the motor wires and for preventing connectors from disconnecting?
hi temp silicone glue from ebay, blue tube

hi temp silicone glue from ebay, blue tube
Could you be more specific about this product? I am also looking for the black rubber bond that is holding the front sensor clips in place inside the mavic. I've had some people suggest RTV silicone, but I am also hearing that RTV silicone can be corrosive to electronics if you do not purchase the right kind. I have my mavic ready to be reassembled but I'd like to have the black rubber like glue back in place as well. I assumed, when I took the mavic apart, that I could just reheat the black glue to get it to re-stick, but from what I understand now, it's heat resistant. If someone knows exactly what it is DJI used, that would be great!

This is what I use - Permatex Adhesive Sealant Black Silicone #81158. It is rated safe for direct application to automotive sensors and connections so should be safe for electronics. It does not contain acetic acid which is the corrosive component in other RTV silicon adhesives.

But, really, what difference does the color make? It's going to be inside the drone where no one sees it. You just what something that will keep the connections from vibrating loose and not corrode the electronics.

Reactions: dv8ed
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27