DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange flight today

Khy

Reactions
So I'm in no way a skilled and experience pilot, but don't fly above my means.

I currently just tend to buzz around my local field etc

But today on a flight Again in a field.. Lots of things happened that I've not experienced before, I pressed the RTH and it started to act strange firstly it climbed to 200 m (max alt 120m) and seemed to pause before the front sensors went crazy and lost gps despite having 19 sats.

I managed to get it back via switching from manual flights and RTH

Just a really strange flight.

Any tips or ideas what might have caused this..

No major obstacles in the way i was on a canal
There where train tracks in the distance.

Latest Fware

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: RallySoob
See my link above for instructions.

Reactions: Khy
If your obstacle avoidance was turned on and your drone was facing the sun; it's most likely that the drone was treating the sun as an obstacle and continuing to rise. A step change pattern of altitude in your logs would point strongly to this theory, as that would indicate the drone checking for obstacles deciding the sun was an obstacle, ascending to avoid it, so on and so forth.

If your obstacle avoidance was turned on and your drone was facing the sun; it's most likely that the drone was treating the sun as an obstacle and continuing to rise. A step change pattern of altitude in your logs would point strongly to this theory, as that would indicate the drone checking for obstacles deciding the sun was an obstacle, ascending to avoid it, so on and so forth.

Yeah makes sense it was flying back into the sun which this Time of year was low..

Any idea on the Strange gps behavior

Did u upload ur flight log?

As i understand it, anytime u ask the community for help regarding what happened during a specific flight you should post your flight log in the original post ... or else it turns into a mess of speculations

Reactions: Shield2160
Did u upload ur flight log?

As i understand it, anytime u ask the community for help regarding what happened during a specific flight you should post your flight log in the original post ... or else it turns into a mess of speculations

Quite right and not yet, I was asking out of curiosity as I managed to fly it home and was never that worried (only next field)

Just asking for a few options as opposed to a complete flight breakdown

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom