DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuck in 110' tree- motors won't turn on

Reaper277

Reactions
Lights and signal still on, but motors won't turn on to try and take off because alert says the unit isn't level-- because it's stuck sideways in the tree. So I can't get it to knock itself down. If it falls 110 feet, I can at least send it off to dji refresh. Trapped in a tree is as bad as a fly away.

Sadly, this happened visiting nor Cal, so I have to leave it here with a hope that the man that lives below the tree calls me when it falls out some day after a storm. Any suggestions on overriding and getting the motors to turn on?

Good bye drone.

Happened flying sideways -- thought I had gauges the height of the tallest redwood -- but this one was 10 feet higher.

Reactions: kika
Well, that sucks. Nope, not going to startup like that, have to find a way to knock it down, or wait for it to fall. Arrow with a fishing line and pull a rope up over the branch to shake it? Best of luck!

Reactions: domination
Ok,....here would be my procedure. Go to a hardware store. PVC can be found in 20 foot lengths,.....but is easily found in 10 foot lengths. Buy 5 X 20 foot lengths or 10 X 10' lengths. Buy a bag of couplings. I suggest 1" PVC as 3/4" would be pretty wobbly at 100'. Get some help lifting the rig or putting it together as you raise the very long pole into the air.
PVC is light yet strong.
Give the Mavic a good thump. If you have enough people helping,....use a sheet or tarp with some people holding each corner to catch the Mavic.
If you are short of help,.....be prepared to catch the Mavic,.......wear gloves.
Good luck.

Reactions: gbracer08
Yeah I'd do pretty much anything to get it down - look on the bright side, at least you know where it is - the PVC and rope ideas seem good to me.

Reactions: bertram33
Throw a big enough rock at it. Maybe you might hit and it will level out enough to start the drone or knock it out of the tree.

Buy another mavic and try to crash it into it to dislodge it, then refresh them both.

If it doesn't work, buy a third one to dislodge the first two with.

Repeat as necessary.

Sorry if you're not in the mood for humor right now - like I said, at least you know where it is - I hope you manage to get it down.

This is when we need rescue raptors, instead of drone killing raptors, just sayin'
Teach those eagles to be helpful, not hurtful.

Makes me wonder if another quad with a hook would be able to snatch it?

Almost exactly where I am right now. I'm about 60' up and in someones yard. Can't reach it with a bucket truck and it's on a hill.
Not happy at all, haven't slept well since it got stuck up there on Monday during a Litchi programmed flight (I couldn't override the altitude)
I'm going to try to get it this weekend. Might try the Homemade drone retrieval tool.

The projectile launcher is brilliant. My house is deep in the wood and I sometimes climb straight up through the trees. I'm going to build one of those tonight to have on hand just in case :)

Lights and signal still on, but motors won't turn on to try and take off because alert says the unit isn't level-- because it's stuck sideways in the tree. So I can't get it to knock itself down. If it falls 110 feet, I can at least send it off to dji refresh. Trapped in a tree is as bad as a fly away.

Sadly, this happened visiting nor Cal, so I have to leave it here with a hope that the man that lives below the tree calls me when it falls out some day after a storm. Any suggestions on overriding and getting the motors to turn on?

Good bye drone.

Happened flying sideways -- thought I had gauges the height of the tallest redwood -- but this one was 10 feet higher.

:(

78620_0

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke