DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden crash: my fault or DJI's

We're just going to set up another dropbox account for me. He wants to do it with me though so could be a while...

Ok, so I'm thinking tomorrow I finally be able to post the link. Can't post it know because dad is at work now and I don't know our Dropbox password.

Nope it's a DAT file.
I tested it, the DAT file can be compressed significantly (64% original size) to make the upload smaller for sharing. I used WinRAR but you should be able to use the more common zip to achieve the same, just because the friendly folk who examine your DAT may not have WinRAR, but most certainly can unzip it, as modern OS has zip built in.

FLY090.DAT 138 MB (145,063,936 bytes)
FLY090.RAR 89.2 MB (93,563,078 bytes)

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Hi all! Hoping to get some help from you guys about todays crash. I was out for a typical routine flight above a friends house. I had been cruising around for a while and decided to flip into sport mode. As soon as I pitched forward in sport mode, it flipped (I think) over the front left corner and proceeded in a succession of summersaults to the ground. The results aren't pretty. The gimbal/camera are almost completely ripped off, the front right landing gear/antenna is broken, and the top of the body is popped up. I'm guessing either a prop or a motor failure although it could have been one of the small birds in the area. I was hoping I could get someone to analyze my flight records for me and tell me if it was my fault or if DJI is likely to eat this one. First though, I need to know how to upload theses records to this sight. Thanks in advance! -CF
I hope that the guys here are able to help diagnose what happened to you Mavic so you can get back up flying soon. Hopefully, it will all turn out well between you and DJI.

But I just wanted to take a minute to thank and praise you for posting such a well-thought out, well-written, logical, intelligent post. I never would have guessed that you are only 15.

Reactions: MavicCF
I hope that the guys here are able to help diagnose what happened to you Mavic so you can get back up flying soon. Hopefully, it will all turn out well between you and DJI.

But I just wanted to take a minute to thank and praise you for posting such a well-thought out, well-written, logical, intelligent post. I never would have guessed that you are only 15.
Thanks Beachcombing! I guess my writing curriculum is paying off! -CF

Good news! I am currently downloading my DAT files to Box Drive! I did have to compress them into a zip file. Should be able to post a link as soon as it downloads (we have very bad internet at our house:().

Good news! I am currently downloading my DAT files to Box Drive! I did have to compress them into a zip file. Should be able to post a link as soon as it downloads (we have very bad internet at our house:().
I'll be waiting for them.

Sigho_O. Guess I'll have to try again. Sorry. How many MB should a 13 minute flight be?
A 13 minute flight usually exceeds 400MB, that it breaks off into a new file. Look for a file at 400MB and then add the file right after that one.

there are about 5 files from that night, one is 303MB the others range from 2.2MB to 22MB. Should I just upload all of them?

Ok I'll head to the library in a bit, we're busy now getting ready for my grandparents coming visit.-CF

Alright. It looks like something hit the drone on the front right motor, and the drone tried to compensate and failed.

My verdict, the drone appears to have suffered an impact on the front right motor, and then the left motor. Given the height of the drone at time of impact, unless the house is 40m tall, it seems like it hit a bird, or something was thrown at it. The motor did not fail as it still spun and adjusted to try and save itself, but ultimately it failed and hit the ground hard at 10 m/s of vertical speed. Because nothing on the log indicates pilot error, DJI may eat this one, but then again, may claim that whatever you hit is pilot error. It ultimately depends on how their analyst will read flight data. I'm pegging they won't, but this one is up in the air.

A thank you to @BudWalker for the excellent new software. I saw lots of new data that made the flight log a fascinating read.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll