DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suggestion for alternative bag

I ordered a Think Tank Turnstyle 10 sling bag and an additional camera bag divider from ONA. Plan to split the compartment in two. With the controller on one side. The other side will have spare batteries on the bottom, camera bag divider and then the drone on top. Should work well with no wasted space.

TurnStyle® 10

check this I know some of you might of saw the messenger bag from Peak Design a few weeks back well now they have a new smaller bags and pouches that perfectly fit the Mavic. I personally ordered the Sling bag to hold my Mavic and my Mirror less Sony Camera. check out there kickstarter update with pictures of the mavic Update 23: Lockdowns are approaching, test fulfillment end of this week! · The Everyday Backpack, Tote, and Sling

You can order them here https://igg.me/at/peakdesign/x/263708
or check out their website @ www.peakdesign.com

Having said that, pretty much any messenger bag or backpack with camera padding will work great. I love the peak design bags, but they are pricey. Also of note: The mavic shots all have the props removed. I'm guessing it actually does not fit in the range pouch when the props are attached.

I have some old ammo pouches from when I served. Hoping it will fit in these.

I'm going to reconfigure my backpack to see how many lenses I can take with me along with the Mavic Pro, controller and spare batteries. If that doesn't work well, then I'll make add the use of my thinktank pouches with belt, and if that doesn't work well, then I'll just make use of the other large/small camera bags I have laying around here collecting dust.

IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3827.JPG IMG_3826.JPG

I got this one a few years back for taking my computer (MBP 17"), EOS Lenses, 2 bodies (1DMK2, 20D), Video Camcorder out on site for filming with the rest of the crew. It fit everything I needed, others brought their own. I will be selling it soon, if anyone is interested. My new computer wont fit, I dont have the camera bodies any longer and use a different bag for the lenses and video camera. If someone is interested, let me know. It is lightly used, no marks or dirt or anything.

I would keep it for the Mavic, if I still had a computer that would fit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9QAHSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51v5Fi5%2B7dL.jpg

I have found the perfect bag for my Mavic, the Lowepro Transit Sling 150. Well padded, pockets and dividers for the complete Fly more kit, iPad slot, side access, tripod holder (will use this for a roll up landing pad), and the perfect size. Got it from Amazon on a one day sale for $33 that another member posted.

I'm planning on using a 511 over the shoulder tactical bag .
Have used it for different things and is easy to put over my head and has lots of room and lots of pockets View attachment 180 Main compartmentView attachment 181
and has a pocket even my mini fits in View attachment 182 . Can slide in behind the seat of my truck and just have it whenever .Use the LowePro tote with my other
birds and hopefully everything needed will fit nicely . Might not work .
Will see soon :)

Have the same bag and planned to use it for the mavic.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: dirkclod
Is a good bag rknight and welcome to the forum :)

I'm gonna be schleping mine in a TAD Gear Lightspeed. FAST Pack Litespeed, unless I'm on the motorcycle in which case it'll be inside a kreiga bag. I did buy the "fly more" combo so I'll probably use their bag just as a way to keep all the stuff together inside a larger bag.

Me I am using the Camsafe Z14 cross body bag from Pacsafe. A lot of great security features and very sturdy materials.
d34e363d571c9ad10ca90ea647b9f3c9.jpg

031bfedb5e7810635c58a6337aaf447c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just curious which one you got? I got this one, but feel like it should be just a tad taller. Mavic fits, but the padding on the top doesn't feel like it will protect it.
Yeah, it's a little tight at first for the Mavic itself, but I like the compactness of it. I've tried a few others, and the ones of similar size couldn't fit everything well. I think as long as you don't throw it around, it'll be fine. The Mavic is built like a tank anyway. Good luck.

Reactions: Carlos de Castro
Yeah, it's a little tight at first for the Mavic itself, but I like the compactness of it. I've tried a few others, and the ones of similar size couldn't fit everything well. I think as long as you don't throw it around, it'll be fine. The Mavic is built like a tank anyway. Good luck.
Yeah, I'm gonna keep it. I just have to be careful flying home next week. do you put the gimbal facing up?

Yeah, I'm gonna keep it. I just have to be careful flying home next week. do you put the gimbal facing up?
I put it face down because the rubber feet wouldnt slide in very easy. I like that I can just put the small bag in a bigger bag like a backpack if needed, but mostly just tote around the little bag.

I put it face down because the rubber feet wouldnt slide in very easy. I like that I can just put the small bag in a bigger bag like a backpack if needed, but mostly just tote around the little bag.
Oh I see, it fits much better face down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS