DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Supposed Leak video of Mavic 2

Robbyg

Reactions
LOL this guy did a really good job, it's exactly what I expect it to be like with a few tiny exceptions. Hats off to him. *** if it's real....

Rob

I don't see what benefit upward facing optical sensors would provide, since the sky and most ceilings don't have high contrast patterns. It seems that upward sonar sensors would be better.

Wow, that looks sloppy, the lens design that is. This is clearly fake. The OA sensors need two visual sensors to accurately calculate distances from an object. The rear only has one so this was masterfully photoshopped. However the OA sensors are way too big and makes the Mavic look weird.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised there is a mavic refresh in Spring.

I would not be surprised there is a mavic refresh in Spring.

I would be really surprised. I don't see a Mavic 2 coming out until 2018. They will probably display something in Oct 2017 but mere mortals will not be able to touch one until Jan-Mar 2018 IMHO.

Reactions: larkin
... unless GoPro announces Karma MK2, that is. Or Yuneec releases Tsunami 1000 or something. In which case DJI would rush MP2.0 release. Demand would be so high it'd overwhelm them and... well, we know how this goes :p

Why would you not be surprised? Just curious.

They cannot produce enough Mavics to meet demand and it is clear that even by May-June they will still be behind in production. They would first need to get ahead of demand and then produce enough extra stock to keep the suppliers happy for a year or so. Only at that point would they then retool the factory to start making the Mavic2. I just don't see that happening in 2017.

Reactions: Texacola
Why would you not be surprised? Just curious.

Well the lead time is now 1-3 days (see my other post and email I had from DJI).

They did the same with the phantom 2 & 3 range, did some sneaky updates in spring time.
New motors etc.

Reactions: dport177
Well the lead time is now 1-3 days (see my other post and email I had from DJI).

They still have not supplied the largest retail outlets like Amazon, Apple, Bestbuy and B&H, not to mention numerous hobby stores. All of their distribution outlets are saying March 20th. As for what DJI says on their forum, they Lie!
Some lucky souls do get one shipped in 3-4 days and others wait for weeks and weeks. It all depends on if they are ready to ship a batch to your Geo Zone and if they have surplus in that batch.

I don't see what benefit upward facing optical sensors would provide, since the sky and most ceilings don't have high contrast patterns. It seems that upward sonar sensors would be better.

They don't have high contrast patterns until a Tree branch comes in the way.

I think it is a obvious fake however a new one is coming. If you look at some of the third party sellers like Apple they are now saying sold out. No longer back ordered or preorder. It had a 8 week estimate but it's gone. Mavic 2 or my hope a Phantom 5 with the Mavic style body and controller. Just larger with the 1" sensor camera.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

Oh and my local Best Buy has removed their display for the Mavic.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa