DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Surfing Auto-follow

rustysd

Reactions
Anyone used Mavic on auto-follow to follow them out into the surf? If so, any tips on how to do it?

Anyone used Mavic on auto-follow to follow them out into the surf? If so, any tips on how to do it?

You'd probably want someone to be controlling from shore just in case because the intelligent track modes aren't bullet proof and it could very well lose track of you, in which case you'd need the go app to re-lock onto you.

You'd probably want someone to be controlling from shore just in case because the intelligent track modes aren't bullet proof and it could very well lose track of you, in which case you'd need the go app to re-lock onto you.

I have tried it, and it didn't work for me. I had to control manually.

Reactions: Randall
Didn't like me being on the jet ski. It lost me the first time and blindly continued in the same direction it was going in an attempt to find me. The second time it seemingly gave up immediately and hovered.

Both times I had to use the controller to put it back on me. Unless you've got a way to bring it with you on the board, or someone else on land, I wouldn't risk it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S