DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SURVEY: MAVIC HORIZON NOT LEVEL PROBLEM

SURVEY: MAVIC HORIZON NOT LEVEL PROBLEM

• My Mavic always maintains a level horizon during and after turns, and has been well tested

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • My Mavic will loose level horizon during or after turns/flying sideways, but always corrects

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • My Mavic will loose level horizon but will not correct

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I'm not sure if my Mavic has this problem. I haven't tested it enough.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • My Mavic occasionally looses level horizon but usually corrects

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

Mavicsailor

Reactions
There have been multiple reports of the Mavic's inability to maintain a level horizon when turning/ flying sideways. Some reports state it appears to correct itself after a short time. Some state it never corrects and the PILOT has to manually correct it. Please take the survey below on your experience with this issue after you have done all the normal suggestions. (IMU, Compass and Gimbal Calibrations)

"My Mavic will lose level horizon during or after turns/flying sideways, but always corrects"

Choice #5 Occasionally loses level horizon but usually corrects

I voted that the horizon is fine but if I fly at max speed in Sport Mode and then make abrupt maneuvers the gimbal can't keep up at times. I think that's perfectly fine, I would be doing aggressive flying if I were trying to capture video.

I posted a thread about this recently. This is member Halley quoted

"Unfortunately, yes, the gimbal roll sloshes a bit. You can adjust the roll bias to make it level once, but that doesn't change the extra sloshing and slow leveling you're describing. There are a couple settings that adjust this but I haven't hit the perfect combination to eliminate it. It may just be a limitation in the responsiveness of the IMU for roll"

i like a bit of roll in sport mode, lets you know your actually banking

I just joined this forum to post about this. My Mavic's horizon is NEVER correct. I always have to correct it multiple times throughout a flight. Super annoying! I've done every calibration you can do, and it doesn't fix it.

I just joined this forum to post about this. My Mavic's horizon is NEVER correct. I always have to correct it multiple times throughout a flight. Super annoying! I've done every calibration you can do, and it doesn't fix it.

It's not just the Mavic it also happened alot with the P3 series. Before each flight I would always do a gimbal autocalibration, and sometimes that didnt even help. It happened on so many different birds, it just became natural to me to make gimbal autocalibration part of my preflight, and usually have the gimabal roll adjustment window open on DJI Go so that when the gimbal wouldnt straighten out, the window to correct it was already open.

Reactions: mtx450
It's not just the Mavic it also happened alot with the P3 series. Before each flight I would always do a gimbal autocalibration, and sometimes that didnt even help. It happened on so many different birds, it just became natural to me to make gimbal autocalibration part of my preflight, and usually have the gimabal roll adjustment window open on DJI Go so that when the gimbal wouldnt straighten out, the window to correct it was already open.

I just wonder why it's so out of wack? This is my first DJI product, and I thought it would be more polished then this. Not trying to ***** too much, but it is rather annoying.

If I adjust the gimbal to level the horizon, it won't stay level if I yaw 360 degrees. It will slowly wonder about.

I just wonder why it's so out of wack? This is my first DJI product, and I thought it would be more polished then this. Not trying to ***** too much, but it is rather annoying.

If I adjust the gimbal to level the horizon, it won't stay level if I yaw 360 degrees. It will slowly wonder about.

You might have to send that back I'm afraid, it's not normal to have to do it every flight.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Going through recent pics it seems like my horizon isnt level by a few degrees perhaps 40-50% of the time. Not ideal but Im not gonna risk sending back to DJI for fear of receiving a refurb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada