DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Surveying with Mavic Pro

M4rk did what I tried to do..

just now sure how I am suppose to get DD to connect with my drone...

Hope someone can guide me on how to do this properly..

Do you set up all the details of your mission prior to going out into the field?

I plan the mission fully on a PC first, so when I'm in the field and switch from DJI Go to DD I only have to select the planned mission from the left hand side list.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Do you set up all the details of your mission prior to going out into the field?

I plan the mission fully on a PC first, so when I'm in the field and switch from DJI Go to DD I only have to select the planned mission from the left hand side list.

Umm, no, I did it after I got my Mavic flying..

But DD doesn't seem to get connected to my Mavic..

are there any tutorials or anything on DD as to how you can get it to connect and stuff?

Forgive me, but is drone deploy a means to take a photo of the ground and in doing so ensuring no parts are missed?

A little like a panorama, but without the distortion?

Easier to look here....

Powerful Drone & UAV Mapping Software | DroneDeploy

...than for me to try and explain the various projects it can assist.

Can I ask what formats DD will export your map/photo as under the trial/free? I see an overlain photo over GoogleEarth posted, and there's mention on the website for export of jpeg and geotiff, but not as part of the free trial.

Altizure is an alternative App that creates 2 and 3 D models, free and easy to use with the Mavic. All post collection processing done on the cloud. "The Church in the field" "The Church in the field"

Reactions: M4RK
I do some survey flights (large areas) and only use MapsMadeEasy. Works good for me
fea3343dda2099c478d1743ddaa01c8e.jpg

Almost 16km flight

Last edited:
Reactions: M4RK
Guys, I have been testing a new app thats in beta and has been proving extremely stable and excellent for exactly what you require and other things. It will when finished have full camera control and all other functions but even in beta is still very usable.
Its called Drone Harmony and at monet is only for Android and cand be downloaded here
Mission Planner for DJI Drones - Android Apps on Google Play
f4b3b9081a5a89d6af9515c742f63aea.jpg
829f374dc5e7f3f29c2a907011636765.jpg

Speed, simplicity, 3D, height and obstacle input and at moment free

Altizure + mapsmadeeasy...

got it,, will test soon..

p.s :- ok, downloaded ALtizure... it looks promising... it even has the map for my little town..

Couldn't find mapsmadeeasy in android though..
will test out Altizure soon..

No need to be nervous Michael. DroneDeploy is sensational.

Never had an issue yet, apart from poor stitching due to insufficient overlap in fields of crops which are very featureless.

Drone Deploy might be sensational, I can't use it in Nigeria. Doesn't have maps. Not sensational... crappy

Although I like new initiatives, what does it add that other apps don't have?
Besides no iOS

A fair question Oyibo, we'd like to highlight a few of our innovations you currently dont see in other apps:
  • A full 3D work environment for flight editing and preview
  • Professional flight planning features: Obstacle avoidance, multiple areas support, inspection missions with optimal gimbal and yaw alignments for your buildings, optimal flight directions, concave polygon area support, ...
  • Professional flight execution: Unlimited waypoints by autouploading mission parts, pause & edit & resume missions while in air
  • Flight plan smoothing for smooth video recording
If we cought your interest you can find more information on our website: Drone Harmony - Optimal mission planning for DJI Drones

So I'm a surveyor and I have been testing out some apps with my Mavic and have used DroneDeploy most so far. I really like the mission/flight planning part because it does the orbit at the end. That really helps with elevations for buildings. I just wish you could do multiple orbits at different heights and distance. I now use GO app's POI setting to get additional orbits and that works well. DroneDeploy can process all pictures whether it's taken with their app or not.

But for processing, so far, I like Maps Made Easy better. I think results are little cleaner. But I haven't tried it with multiple orbits yet. I will be testing that soon. Also hoping to test accuracy of calibrating to GCPs.

Hoping to try Photoscan at some point but don't have a powerful enough computer yet.

Hope this helps. Having a blast with my Mavic. So fun to fly.

[...]That really helps with elevations for buildings. I just wish you could do multiple orbits at different heights and distance. [..]
Hi crontegy,
When you want to scan buildings I'd like to recommend you our site scan feature. It automatically computes optimal orbit flights on different heights and ideal distances around your buildings based on its shape and height. We are working on additional functionality for connecting these "separate" flights into one, but already now it should offer you with a faster way of capturing buildings from all angles. You are welcome to try it out and we would love to hear your flight experiences.

Happy flying,
DH Team

...but not on iOS?

Unfortunately the planner for now is only available on Android. We would love to have the manpower to develop for both platforms from the outset, but for now iOS is future plans.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada