DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Synchronizing the DJI GO app settings between two iPhones

mattmjm

Reactions
I have an older iPhone 6 and a new iPhone 7. I use the iPhone 6 as the primary phone attached to the RC. I foresee a future where I would like to switch between the 6 and the 7 as the attached phone to the RC. Both have the DJI GO app installed and I'm logged in on both apps, but I can't seem to get the settings to synchronize between the two app installations. Is synchronization possible or does it need to be configured in each app individually?

Only the flight logs can be synchronized. You'll need to manually set up all of the DJI GO settings.

Reactions: mattmjm
Only the flight logs can be synchronized. You'll need to manually set up all of the DJI GO settings.
Curious, what settings does the Mavic naturally retain when using multiple devices?

Great question. I've never seen a list of those settings.

Curious, what settings does the Mavic naturally retain when using multiple devices?
I'd say that all settings, that are A/C relevant, are stored on A/C - photo/video format and quality, RTH settings, sensors settings, ...
and in the phone there are only settings that are app relevant, like units, map settings, display settings (grid, histogram, zebra, lowest cell voltage, ...)

Reactions: kmaluo

For clarification, will the flight logs automatically be synchronized or is there something you have to do for that to work? Thanks.

No. You have to manually sync them in DJI GO whenever you want to back them up or restore them. See more details here.

I use both my iPad and iPhone at different times to fly, all of the flight settings are synchronized from the A/C to the app on both devices, In the app you have to re-sync the flight record to get the latest flights that were done on the other device to list, but as this is done via cell service or wi-fi it onlt takes a minute or so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost