DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet or Litchi + goggles ?

evil homer

Reactions
Hi guys so I have a google pixel phone that I use to fly my mavic pro, but seems a lil small for my eyes. So I am lost between getting a used ipad mini off ebay or buying the litchi app and sum vr goggles ?
What do you guys think is a better option. Thanks

I'm going to use a shield with head play goggles, as soon as my Mavic gets here on Monday. I'll let you know.

I've got two Android tablets (7" & 8") that both have HDMI out so you can just plug your Headplays or any other goggles with HDMI in straight in.. Works a treat. :)

I've got two Android tablets (7" & 8") that both have HDMI out so you can just plug your Headplays or any other goggles with HDMI in straight in.. Works a treat. :)

Hi Pedro: I am a complete nubie to all things drone, but just received my FedEx shipment info . Would using an Android tablet allow for use of goggles such as fatshark?

Follow up question,,, if so would you be able to give me a suggestion for best tablet to purchase for use with goggles?

(Thanks in advance for help )

Hi Pedro: I am a complete nubie to all things drone, but just received my FedEx shipment info . Would using an Android tablet allow for use of goggles such as fatshark?

Unfortunately not as Fatsharks don't have an HDMI connection.. Headplays do.

Unfortunately not as Fatsharks don't have an HDMI connection.. Headplays do.

Fatshark"s have HDMI Micro port underneath. Page six manual Dom V2

Last edited:
I am using both a tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9,7") and my phone with Litchi and goggles, dependent on situation.
Same as you I don't like flying with a phone held by the remote, as the screen is quite small for my bad eyes and especially in sun light conditions it's difficult to recognise all details needed to ensre a secure high speed flight.
For fun flying with maybe ocassionally taking few photos or video clips I am always using the goggles. That's so much more fun and immersive feeling compared to any other display device!
If I have a special task for taking pictures or clips of a special object while amost hovering or in slow motion, where I need full control over camera options and special flight modes such as orbiting or tracking, I am using the tablet.

Double vision I have. HUD is Cristal clear, image is not aligned. Have no clue what now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada