DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet use

Mavicflyer519

Reactions
With using a Mavic, does anyone have an opinion on whether to use an Android tablet or an iPad and any reasons why if there is? I'm wanting to stop having to use my phone and have something more dedicated to my MP. Thanks a ton in advance for your input.

Reactions: anhtu402
I use an iPad Air with Mavmount and highly recommend both. Have over 70 flights so far and not a single problem. Since there is so much information on screen, it's great that it is pretty easily viewable on the iPad.

Apple devices usually work better right out of the box, but there are many Android devices that work well too (any many more that don't). Check out the list of recommended and commonly used devices here. You'll likely have the best experience if you use one of those devices.

What msinger said, if you want plug and play go with an apple, you can also take advantage of the GS PRO for iOS. If I was going to start over I would go with a mini 4 or mini pro.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: Speedy
I use a 7 inch acer iconia that has a GPS built in and a short usb cord plugged into bottom of controller and have not had a single app crash. When I was plugged into my note 4 on the side I could barley keep app going

64g iPad mini4 tethered to iPhone 7...
Litchi
Mavmount

Never a single glitch so far, 30-40 flights in...

Reactions: Soundtekk
nrussell, msinger, Bunny Too, Steve 1966, Glen e and Pepino Grande....

Thank you very much to all of you for your feedback and opinions. Great to have the experience on this forum that there is. Steve right now I'm running a Galaxy S5 and had my first app crash yesterday with my MP. I literally felt like i was going to have a heart attack along with a fly away because the aircraft was about 300 ft up and 800 ft out. Luckily the MP had no problems getting back to me when I didn't waste any time bringing it back......luck or just quality of technology? I have no idea. Howeve, one of the huge reasons why I'm getting a tablet dedicated to the aircraft. Thanks again.

Sean

nrussell, msinger, Bunny Too, Steve 1966, Glen e and Pepino Grande....

Thank you very much to all of you for your feedback and opinions. Great to have the experience on this forum that there is. Steve right now I'm running a Galaxy S5 and had my first app crash yesterday with my MP. I literally felt like i was going to have a heart attack along with a fly away because the aircraft was about 300 ft up and 800 ft out. Luckily the MP had no problems getting back to me when I didn't waste any time bringing it back......luck or just quality of technology? I have no idea. Howeve, one of the huge reasons why I'm getting a tablet dedicated to the aircraft. Thanks again.

Sean
Scary huh? Quality of technology I think, if she does not have any input she normally just hovers patiently.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: Costa2003
I use the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, 9.7 inch. Works exceptionally well with Litchi, and never had a problem with DJI Go 4.

Thanks alot to both of you for your input. Has anyone been able to use an oem cable on their iPad or Android tablet or do you have to buy something geared more towards DJI and the App?

Reactions: Soundtekk
Has anyone been able to use an oem cable on their iPad or Android tablet or do you have to buy something geared more towards DJI and the App?
They will work. People tend not to use them though since they are often too long.

Reactions: Mavicflyer519
Thanks alot to both of you for your input. Has anyone been able to use an oem cable on their iPad or Android tablet or do you have to buy something geared more towards DJI and the App?

The length is the issue, you can buy short USB cables for use with an iPad mini from Amazon, take the screws out, and away you go.
4bc521853f1c5fbf9386d7478aff83da.jpg

Reactions: JHSlayer
They will work. People tend not to use them though since they are often too long.
I was wondering about the length issue and the cable's length being a hassle. I'm just going to buy a new one for it specifically. Thanks again bud you've been a great help.

While Apple makes great stuff, one the issue that keeps be from IOS devices is the inability to change batteries and add storage.

Some Androids makers avoiding expandable memory and replaceable batteries, but I love that I can change my Note 4's battery and fly a bit longer. It is much easier to carry a few MicroSD cards for the Note 4 then it is carry more IOS devices, or a computer do download the video etc.

It is also nice to be able to insert the card from Mavic into the phone or tablet which makes things a little less complex for fast viewing etc.

kevin

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000