DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI MAVIC PRO

Does the multi coating does any difference really? I see they are a bit more expensive

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just used the MC set out at sea and was surprised how well they work to reduce reflections on the water close up. I usually buy polarizers for this purpose, but that has its own side effects with the sky.
This is my first set of Taco RC filters. So far so good.

Reactions: stratos
Just used the MC set out at sea and was surprised how well they work to reduce reflections on the water close up. I usually buy polarizers for this purpose, but that has its own side effects with the sky.

Mine are in the post so nice to see some good feedback :)

As you intimate, I think polarising filters will only be good for stills photography. Using them for video will make the images vary in polarising effect due to changes in angle from the sun as the aircraft moves about

Even with stills photography and a polarising filter, if the field of view is large, there can be a big difference in polarising effect and hence change of hue, across the width of the sky

Reactions: 2nd2non
While we eagerly await the PL filters from Taco-RC, I have a question regarding the multicoated set I have just received.

On the box, it mentions using shutter speeds of 1/100th - 1/150th with a couple of the filters. Firstly, why would this be the case and why so different from the conventional 1/50th or 1/60th to achieve the cinematic feel to video in conjunction with 24fps, 25fps or 30fps?

Also, if we are to stick to a shutter speed of 1/100th - 1/150th, do we have to set the fps to "half", ie 50fps or 75fps? I'm not sure if either of these fps values are settable, but I may be wrong. Does 1/100th or 1/150th with 24fps, 25fps or 30fps achieve good results?

Your views would be much appreciated

The 180 degree rule of shutter which is widely used among Cinematographers is that you want your shutter speed to be double frame rate. You are correct, if you are shooting 24fps shutter should be 1/50th, if you are at 30fps, shutter would be at 1/60th.

-Jeff from PolarPro

Here's a brief edit of some footage I shot with the Taco RC ND Filters out in Marfa Texas this weekend. I'm really liking these filters!

TACO - RC filter are the best in the market at the moment.

Reactions: ocatcr
While we eagerly await the PL filters from Taco-RC, I have a question regarding the multicoated set I have just received.

On the box, it mentions using shutter speeds of 1/100th - 1/150th with a couple of the filters. Firstly, why would this be the case and why so different from the conventional 1/50th or 1/60th to achieve the cinematic feel to video in conjunction with 24fps, 25fps or 30fps?

Also, if we are to stick to a shutter speed of 1/100th - 1/150th, do we have to set the fps to "half", ie 50fps or 75fps? I'm not sure if either of these fps values are settable, but I may be wrong. Does 1/100th or 1/150th with 24fps, 25fps or 30fps achieve good results?

Your views would be much appreciated

I think it is a matter of personal preference. If you would like to have pleasing motion blur in your video, you can still use the shutter speed of 1/50 or 1/60. Usually we want the image a bit more detailed(eg. capturing buildings/structures), so we prefer 1/100 - 1/150.

Reactions: halley
I think it is a matter of personal preference. If you would like to have pleasing motion blur in your video, you can still use the shutter speed of 1/50 or 1/60. Usually we want the image a bit more detailed(eg. capturing buildings/structures), so we prefer 1/100 - 1/150.

Together with what fps?

How do I order this 4-pack? On the TACO-RC web page there is no way to add this item to the cart for purchase. Maybe I am just looking at it wrong.

Awaiting for 4-pack MC. Are there any notifications you can set when they become available?

My 6 filter pack arrived today ... :)

c0eb79ce40035915c4344603055a9da8.jpg

a0d1c13166dc0257ad2beffe5dc4a6e9.jpg

8f7d2a6baa640742b0dc37bbd6a0bdf8.jpg

7025ceaf3965a6e23bacc8855fc7cd4d.jpg

Just need the wind and rain to dissappear ill test them out :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: ocatcr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest