DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI MAVIC PRO

I going to get the one of the MC packs, but have a question.
Would it better better to get the 5 pack (UV, ND 4/8/16/32) and PL filter or get the 6 pack with the ND 64 filter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just received the 6 pack set of filters, didn't know they were shipping out locally from NJ. It seems much smaller then I had expected. As luck would have it we have a non stop day of snow. So plans to fly the newly acquired Mavic will have to wait. Please wish me luck as this will be my first time fly any kind of a UAV.

Just a stupid question, but like we do on DSLR we cannot stack these filters, is that a correct assumption. I would think not as I do not see anywhere to stack but just confirming.

Just received the 6 pack set of filters, didn't know they were shipping out locally from NJ. It seems much smaller then I had expected. As luck would have it we have a non stop day of snow. So plans to fly the newly acquired Mavic will have to wait. Please wish me luck as this will be my first time fly any kind of a UAV.

Just a stupid question, but like we do on DSLR we cannot stack these filters, is that a correct assumption. I would think not as I do not see anywhere to stack but just confirming.

You are correct, you cannot stack filters. I hope the snow stops soon where you are at soon. Have a great first flight!
Rod

Reactions: charotarguy
Just placed an order for the 6 pack MC filters. How long does it take to ship after placing the order?

Reactions: ocatcr
I ordered the 5-Pack MC filter, I should have in a couple of days.

I going to get the one of the MC packs, but have a question.
Would it better better to get the 5 pack (UV, ND 4/8/16/32) and PL filter or get the 6 pack with the ND 64 filter?

Please refer to this link (AAPhoto's post) that explains how to choose a proper filter to suit your needs:

When filming video with a drone, the goal is to make your shutter speed 2X that of your frame rate. If you're shooting at 30fps for example, you would look for a 1/60s shutter speed (shown as 60 in the app settings). This provides a nice smooth transition between frames. Without an ND filter, on a bright day, your camera will most likely use very high shutter speeds, maybe in the 2000 to 4000 range (1/2000 of a second to 1/4000 second) depending if you're looking into the sun at all, against bright white snow, etc etc. What this does is it makes each video frame extremely sharp... stopping motion every time it takes a picture. The effect this has on a video is that it looks more like a really fast slide show as opposed to a motion picture. It may not be noticeable to an amateur eye, but once you see the difference ND filters can make, you can quickly spot the difference and will never go back to not using them. The different strengths of filters (ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32, etc) adjust your shutter speed by reducing the light allowed to hit the camera sensor. If one doesn't reduce the shutter speed enough, you would try the next one, etc. There are ND calculators available to help you figure out the filter that should work best based on your shutter speed without an ND filter installed.

Circular Polarizers, on the other hand, have a different purpose. They are used to cut down on reflective light. A good example of this is shooting over water. Without a polarizer, the lake/ocean/pond may appear a shimmering white shape in the video. With a polarizer, the bodies of water appear as their natural blue color because the reflective light is blocked by the filter. Polarized filters also bring out color that may otherwise be washed out due to light reflections, so they enhance foliage, blue skies, etc. The circular polarizers have variable strength so depending on how the filter is oriented will determine the strength of the effect. In the blue sky example, you can go from washed out light blue color to a dark, almost unrealistic, blue color. You can hold it in front of your eye and turn it while looking at the sky (90 degrees to 180 degrees from the sun) to see the different effects of the filter so you can figure out which is the best orientation for what you're going to do. I mention looking away or perpendicular to the sun because CP filters do not typically work when looking directly at a light source. Hope this helps.

Thanks AAPhoto

Reactions: Daskid
111d16a387bc78faafb3fe52b7643543.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app

I have a 6 pack set of the Taco-RC filters for sale in the UK of anyone is thinking of buying them check the classified section ....

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO