DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking the mavic on a delta flight questions? Beach video questions..

Not sure when you're going to Pensacola, but always wise to remember that is the official home of the Blue Angels, and they practice and fly their airshow in very low airspace.
July 8 is their airshow this year, but they are often in the airspace.
Make sure you check on the day you intend to fly.

Yeah ill be checking (though unsure where you check on any blue angel precense online).. not going that week so should be ok from what i read..

My plan is to carry on the mavic + 2 batteries plus ipad and landing pad and goggles all in one bag that should just make it as a Personal item and not put in the overhead, but by my feet or under the seat.

*Its this bag: the viewpoint lowepro bp 250.. which i asked about in this thread (pics of it stuffed with items).

*What concerns me is a coworker was saying now TSA is stopping people with lithium ion packs that are freely in a bag.. must be inside a device.. i guess the same doesnt apply to the lipos in the mavic right now?

When going through the bag checks, do they really make you take the bag items out and put them in bins (i cant remember) or do you just lay the whole bag on a belt and let it go through?

Yeah ill be checking (though unsure where you check on any blue angel precense online).. not going that week so should be ok from what i read..

My plan is to carry on the mavic + 2 batteries plus ipad and landing pad and goggles all in one bag that should just make it as a Personal item and not put in the overhead, but by my feet or under the seat.

*Its this bag: the viewpoint lowepro bp 250.. which i asked about in this thread (pics of it stuffed with items).

*What concerns me is a coworker was saying now TSA is stopping people with lithium ion packs that are freely in a bag.. must be inside a device.. i guess the same doesnt apply to the lipos in the mavic right now?

When going through the bag checks, do they really make you take the bag items out and put them in bins (i cant remember) or do you just lay the whole bag on a belt and let it go through?

I just let it all go through, but I do have TSA precheck. At one of the many airports I visited in southeastern Europe they did ask me to take the drone bag out of the bigger bag, but not the drone out of the bag. I had my Go Fly More bag inside my backpack. They ran it through and didn't say another word.

Carried my Mavic in a small Pelican case all the way to Honolulu from the East coast. The TSA didn't care, I even mentioned before handing it to the screener that I had a small camera drone in my back pack as I placed it on the belt. She just said "ok" totally indifferent. IMHO I think adding the word camera to drone helps. Drone by itself sounds more ominous to the basic morons out there. "Camera drone" shares your intentions of photography, drone by itself makes people wonder what's this guy up to(?)

Last edited:
Carried my Mavic in a small Pelican case all the way to Honolulu from the East coast. The TSA didn't care, I even mentioned before hand to the screener that I had a small camera drone in my back pack. She just said "ok" totally indifferent. IMHO I think adding the word camera to drone helps. Drone by itself sounds more ominous to the basic morons out there. "Camera drone" shares your intentions of photography, drone by itself makes people wonder what's this guy up to(?)

I agree. The one time I had to pull mine out I told them it was an aerial camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143