DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking the Mavic on holiday flight

FORDY

Reactions
Has anyone tried to take their Mavic on holiday yet? I have a Phantom 3A and have always resisted going abroad with it because of customs/security restrictions over the batteries. As the Mavic is sooooo small, I am tempted to get one and take it on holiday but concerned over problems taking it on the plane. What do you think??? Any suggestions.....Thanks....Rob

Reactions: Soundtekk
Has anyone tried to take their Mavic on holiday yet? I have a Phantom 3A and have always resisted going abroad with it because of customs/security restrictions over the batteries. As the Mavic is sooooo small, I am tempted to get one and take it on holiday but concerned over problems taking it on the plane. What do you think??? Any suggestions.....Thanks....Rob
I am going to India at the weekend, not taking it as I need a permit to fly...Not prepared to have it confiscated!
I think if I was going to Europe, I would def think about it though. Don't forget the flight bags for your batteries.... Just in case!

Reactions: FORDY
Just call the airline, they all have slightly different rules on amount and capacity of batteries allowed but MP batteries should be fine, take it as hand luggage and never put batteries in the hold

Reactions: Soundtekk and FORDY
Traveled a few weeks ago from Glasgow to Amsterdam then Bergen. No issues at all though at Glasgow they did open my case (the mini MC hard case) to do a swab test. Nobody bothered about my Lithium batteries, though I had drained them all to around 60%.

Just applied for my FAA registration, taking it to Florida in a few weeks - flying BA and batteries OK if taken in hand luggage (have 3)

Just came back from taking mine to Cambodia, Malaysia and Thailand. Carried it in the DJI bag as carry on, made sure my batteries were discharged to just one blinking light and it was fine. Did 9 flights through about 5 or 6 airports with no issue.

Not once was I challenged but be careful in countries where drones are banned, I was visiting places where they are allowed albeit with clear restrictions.

Just got back from taking mine to switzerland and not a single problem. Went in hand luggage through 4 different airports and not once did i get ask a single question about it. Take it you wont regret it!!!!

Just came back from taking mine to Cambodia, Malaysia and Thailand. Carried it in the DJI bag as carry on, made sure my batteries were discharged to just one blinking light and it was fine. Did 9 flights through about 5 or 6 airports with no issue.

Not once was I challenged but be careful in countries where drones are banned, I was visiting places where they are allowed albeit with clear restrictions.

Which airlines did you use? I heard Emirates has a strict 'checked luggage only policy' for any drones. Anyone else had any problems with specific airlines?

Which airlines did you use? I heard Emirates has a strict 'checked luggage only policy' for any drones. Anyone else had any problems with specific airlines?

I used both Ryanair and easyJet. You should only be taking your drone in you carry on edit to the batteries

Have taken my Mavic with two spare batteries through Heathrow and Helsinki several times in my hand luggage without any problems. Had more questions asked about my Gillette shaving cream!

Just applied for my FAA registration, taking it to Florida in a few weeks - flying BA and batteries OK if taken in hand luggage (have 3)
Someone over on the DJI forums suggested you don't need to register if you're visiting. Do you know for certain that you do need to register?

OH CRUMBS!! Guess I was lucky!

I flew Emirates on the long haul stretch with changes at Dubai so boarded 4 different Emirates birds in total.

Mavic was by my side all through. I guess with bigger drones they might use the policy....in fact a couple of people had bought drones at Dubai airport duty free and carried them on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser