DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tap fly/ Active Track/ Follow not working now?

Scottotheforest

Reactions
Firmware 4.1.0 with Android Tablet
After not flying for a few months, I updated to latest firmware and went to safe, open space for some practice and while everything flew fine, when I went to try some of the various assisted flight modes there were some issues.

Home lock/course lock and tripod were all fine, but Tap Fly/Follow/Active Track icons lit up when selected but when returned to flight screen, control options weren't there. Didn't get time to even try POI or Waypoints.

Problem, or operator too stupid to see some control? I've spent most of my limited flying time in the past working on manual flight skills, and haven't used these modes much, but they worked fine before.

Any advice appreciated!

Touch the screen on what you want the camera to focus on (once you have selected Active Track mode). You can also use Spotlight and Profile mode within Active Track.

Make sure you have activated 'Multiple Flight Modes' and turned off 'Beginner Mode' in the app...

Thanks tcope and mark_t. Not in beginner mode (all modes show on screen as selectable) and tapping on the main screen doesn't select flight path to fly toward or horizon line that's in Tap Fly. Wondered if they'd changed the tap gesture required.

Just switched everything on to go through it again, and the 01.03.0800 update just appeared. Fingers crossed the problem will disappear and no new ones will crop up after this update that arrived... ... I'll let you know...

Update to 01.08.03 done and now those modes seem to actually activate. Rainy day of course, so I only flew briefly and did have some sluggish button responses to STOP and return to Normal mode which was a bit disconcerting. Probably good/bad to monitor blood pressure when testing...

I'll update further with more testing. Thanks again for prompt suggestions.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots