DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TBE Testing

Michal T

Reactions
Hey Everyone,
So I had about 8 flights this weekend. Hearing all the reports about TBE, I wanted to run some tests. I took off in both P-Mode and S-Mode (Sports). Both times, no issues. I then proceeded to switch between modes mid flight as most reports mention TBE kicking in after switching to Sports mode. Good ol Mavic was still rock solid. Speaking of solid, I have to say it handled beautifully in 15-20mph winds, and it simply screamed in sport mode.
Fingers crossed...:)
M

I do a simple compass test prior to takeoff.

1. Check the north direction by using any compass, then place the Mavic in north direction.
2. Look at the map where the Mavic is shown as a symbol and check if the symbol is pointing to north direction, too.
3. Turn the Mavic for 360° in steps of 90° and check if the symbol orientation is consistent with known north direction.

This way the compass should not create any surprises during flight.

Hey Everyone,
So I had about 8 flights this weekend. Hearing all the reports about TBE, I wanted to run some tests. I took off in both P-Mode and S-Mode (Sports). Both times, no issues. I then proceeded to switch between modes mid flight as most reports mention TBE kicking in after switching to Sports mode. Good ol Mavic was still rock solid. Speaking of solid, I have to say it handled beautifully in 15-20mph winds, and it simply screamed in sport mode.
Fingers crossed...:)
M

Did you really fly aggressively - i.e. full throttle, full rudder simultaneously? There is a theory that maximum current can cause the magnetometer to drift due to the interference created from high currents when the motors are at max load. Some MPs may be more susceptible than others though.

when i had my TBE scare the other day, I was in sportmode spinning 360s....then switched to normal and it started it's freak out.

I don't care about being cool. What's TBE?

TBE = Toilet Bowl Effect

Reactions: sonof40
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3