DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary 107 Certificate?

zpdana

Reactions
Greetings all!

Quick question, below you'll find a picture of my iacra application after I passed the 107 Knowledge Test.

My question is this: does this indicate that my temporary certificate has been transferred to the registry or that my application FOR a certificate is still pending in the registry?

May seem a dumb question but from my mild experience with the FAA test, FAA rules and regulations, and the gov't in general has grey areas, loop holes, hoops and red tape for miles..

Any clarification is welcomed!

Safe and happy flying to all!

Reactions: Billybob
d00548399b4ca6e7e2bb95947af4e747.jpg

Got ahead of myself, here it is.

Did you figure it out? I'm interested, too - I just took/passed the test today, so obviously I haven't been able to complete the IACRA application yet. How long did it take for your test result to make it into the system, if I might ask?

Reactions: zpdana
No answers yet but I'd sure like to know as well!!

Test results are immediate, on site, then you "register" on iacra and jump through more hoops. They just acknowledge you passed the test and they run a background check. I'll surely keep you updated.

Did you figure it out? I'm interested, too - I just took/passed the test today, so obviously I haven't been able to complete the IACRA application yet. How long did it take for your test result to make it into the system, if I might ask?

Oh and congratulations man!!

As I read it you have passed the TSA background check before the "Temporary Cert" is awarded. So what is left to check I am not sure. I have been waiting a little over 6 weeks since this happened for me. I recently asked in a thread how long others had waited and got a "Around 60 days" completely confirming the "Red Tape" comment above.... Wer'e gettin' close..... closer.... patience..... not....

So I read this morning I was awarded my temporary certificate and the permanent is going to be mailed out next. It took 8 days since my application to iacra until now when I received an email from the FAA.

Patience is key with government entities. Frustrating but I feel lucky seeing as my time frame was less than others.

Just to close the loop on my own question - I completed the test on Saturday afternoon, and less than 48 hours later I was able to use that exam ID to complete the application. So, now I wait for however long it takes to get to get my "temporary certificate".

So I read this morning I was awarded my temporary certificate and the permanent is going to be mailed out next. It took 8 days since my application to iacra until now when I received an email from the FAA.

Patience is key with government entities. Frustrating but I feel lucky seeing as my time frame was less than others.
This is almost exactly how my process has gone - Evidently it takes another 2 months to send out Permanent license. I will update when it comes to verify what others have said..... so next is not exactly right away.... Hey at least we've passed which was both a pain and fun at the same time... very interesting stuff.... but hard

My temporary cert is available, though I see no email telling me that's true.

Tested April 22
Filed April 24
Transferred to registry April 25
Temp cert April 28

bpendleton,

Keep calm, it's government stuff, takes forever. Same thing happened to me and I was a little confused. I didnt get an email until a few business days later confirming the temporary certificate.

Your good and will be better, soon enough, or maybe not soon enough but surely eventually.

And congrats man!!

Reactions: DieselXL
patience - where can I pick up some extra..... Government version at that...

My timeline...
Take test 3/4
Filed 3/8
to registry 3/20
temp cert 3/20

Reactions: Vande17941
Further updates for future folks who find this thread:
Got the e-mail saying I'd gotten the temporary cert today, 5/3 (remember, the temp cert was available on IACRA since 4/28).
Noticed my status changed to "Received By Registry", dated 5/1.

Just found this thread. I took my exam on April 9, and received my "temporary certificate" on the 17, with a date of issuance of April 11. Waiting now like everyone else for the actual card.

My question: The Temporary Airman Certificate says PENDING under certificate number. Does this mean that I can use this temp cert to do actual commercial work? Obviously I cannot apply for airspace authorization or waivers without a certificate number, which makes me wonder if this temp cert is good for anything at this point.

Reactions: Boin
Just found this thread. I took my exam on April 9, and received my "temporary certificate" on the 17, with a date of issuance of April 11. Waiting now like everyone else for the actual card.

My question: The Temporary Airman Certificate says PENDING under certificate number. Does this mean that I can use this temp cert to do actual commercial work? Obviously I cannot apply for airspace authorization or waivers without a certificate number, which makes me wonder if this temp cert is good for anything at this point.

See instructions in link below - enter "pending" for certificate number......

https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/media/instructions.pdf

Congrats, and interesting! The website seems stuck on "March 25th" for the last few days, at least. I was wondering if they'd ceased sending them. Seems like just the website it stuck (or there's *one* app from the 25th that they can't seem to process or something).

My date was the 22nd, hoping it shows up soon.

Just noticed that my REMOTE PILOT cert is now posted on IACRA. I am still awaiting the actual card to come in the mail. Will update when I get it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143