DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary Focus Issues - 1st Flight after Latest Firmware

getoutandplay

Reactions
Today, while flying for the first time since the firmware update, I was recording video and was at 200ft. I focused many times and it would behave normally (flash the green square and make those clicking sounds to confirm) and the focus on the iPhone would be sharp as can be. But as soon as it finished the focus procedure it would turn blurry again. This was confirm on the footage afterwards. However, same flight but when I brough it back closer to me I focused again and all is normal. I didn't change any settings during flight.

Is this a known issue? I am going to do another flight this evening to see if it does this again.

Hi , I had nightmare flight, went on youtube to see best settings, camera and video, found a good one????? set up as suggested, bad move! took a flight at a really scenic place, stills and video, great 25 mins in the air - perfect

Got home, first 5 Pics were ok ish in focus, everything else pics video was crap! out of focus unbelievable! so pissed you wouldn't believe, got home and so disappointed, decided to reset the whole shebang!

reset camera settings and video, recalibrated IMU, Compass, Gimble and put in just basic info - jpeg 16.9 and see what happens. Answer 20 min flight today, great pics and video as you can see, maybe sometimes we try to over complicate things???

Attachments

• DJI_0012.jpg
    DJI_0012.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 53
I've had focus issues below about -6°C where 2nd and 3rd flights did not have focus towards infinity (MF or AF).

Hi , I had nightmare flight, went on youtube to see best settings, camera and video, found a good one????? set up as suggested, bad move! took a flight at a really scenic place, stills and video, great 25 mins in the air - perfect

Got home, first 5 Pics were ok ish in focus, everything else pics video was crap! out of focus unbelievable! so pissed you wouldn't believe, got home and so disappointed, decided to reset the whole shebang!

reset camera settings and video, recalibrated IMU, Compass, Gimble and put in just basic info - jpeg 16.9 and see what happens. Answer 20 min flight today, great pics and video as you can see, maybe sometimes we try to over complicate things???

Interesting. I had just done the IMU, compass, gimble recalibration not long ago but had not changed the video settings so I might try that.

So I don't have a mavic yet but this guy was having the same problem sounds like just watch it when he gets in the air then every once in awhile he types what he did to fix it something to do with resetting something in the camera settings hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103