DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Terrain follow mode

Nemo

Reactions
Anyone messed with this feature? I'm in a GoPro enthusiast FB group and someone is saying the Mavic doesn't have this. I clearly see it being advertise in the release video though. If I had mine I'd experiment with it but all I have is my P3S lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I don't have my Mavic yet either, but it's briefly mentioned in the manual as an option on page 58 under Intelligent Flight Mode Status.
It's only mentioned in that table, in the same way that tripod mode is only mentioned there. I think DJI needs to add a lot of details to their manual. Seems to be another casualty of their rush to announce and get the Mavic out the door before they were really ready to do so.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Nemo
Yes, the Mavic does include the Terrain Follow flight mode. You can see it in action here:

Does anyone know more about going downhill in terrain follow mode, i have read you will have to give an extra input on the left stick?

All online vids are of uphill only.

Terrain Follow mode will only auto adjust the altitude when flying the Mavic uphill.

Ok thank you, but Is it really that hard to make it Terrain Follow downhill in comparison to uphill?

It' not rocket science.

That's a great question for DJI. You should run it by them.

Ok thank you, but Is it really that hard to make it Terrain Follow downhill in comparison to uphill?

It' not rocket science.
DJI are currently having difficulty implementing this but.....it is slated to be added in the future via FW update.
In the meantime, just walk uphill backwards and play it in reverse. :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest