DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thank You Casey for Getting it Right-

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvageDrones

Reactions
Nicely done! Glad to see a few million more customers for DJI! Way better with his second Mavic. I'm hoping it sticks around until his backups arrive. I wonder how he'll handle the Karma situation.

For those not in the know, check it out, about 4:22-6:17:

isnt the whole manhatten island a NFZ?

I think there are heliports near there, but it's simply "Fly with caution", not an NFZ. I think in this video, he flew relatively low from where he was until he was close to Liberty Island before going higher. As far as I know, you are not allowed to launch/land a drone on Liberty Island itself, but I think the law doesn't seem to forbid flying over it..

His flight is probably not recommended, but I think it's within the letter of the law..

Definitely beautiful flight video though...

Nicely done! Glad to see a few million more customers for DJI! Way better with his second Mavic. I'm hoping it sticks around until his backups arrive. I wonder how he'll handle the Karma situation.

For those not in the know, check it out, about 4:22-6:17:

He actually got it (and usually does) so wrong.
Flying BVLOS in an AIAA is rediculously irresponsible and he won't be keeping that Mavic very long either if he carries on turning the thing on in his hand and twisting and turning the aircraft upside down while the IMU's are initialising and getting their baseline reading.
The problem is, this idiot for some reason is looked up at by the 'dude' brigade and many will copy him thinking what he is doing is correct/safe/cool.
The guy needs a good slap and educating.

The only good thing is he won't have that Mavic for very long. The bad thing, he will just keep buying new ones because PooTube has given him that ability.

Last edited:
This has already been posted in this thread Casey Neistat's 2nd Mavic so lets just keep one going
and post in it .
Thank-You :)
CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member