DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The adventure...Living in Northern Virginia.

Canes76

Reactions
I will tell you, beside the joy of flying the Mavic, I also enjoy the "hunt" for a spot to fly. I live six miles from Washington D.C. and it can be a challenge to say the least on finding a place to fly. I have enjoyed looking up small/old town to find a place to fly! I also get out the AIRMAP and B4UFLY apps to check that I am legal...

It's just been fun to travel the state and find beautiful places to fly. Just thought I would share that the hunt and planning to fly is awesome and is almost as awesome as flying the Mavic!

You can check out my latest footage here:

Hello, new drone owner and first post on this forum actually! Canes, I downloaded the AirMap app, thanks for the suggestion! Was wondering if you had any good locations in the NOVA area (I live in Alexandria) that you'd like to share?

Hey folk_me !
I also live in Alexandria! So flying is tough and I have to adventure out to fly, but that is half the fun!
I have taken trips to Woodbridge, parts of Fairfax (west) to fly. Have to be out of that DC area to fly and there seems to be a airport or helipad every five miles. But, I usually pick out a spot that I want to try to fly and fire up the Airmap and B4UFLY app to see where I can go. Sometimes I have to travel a couple more miles out of the range. Lately I have been searching for small towns to get some footage of! One weekend we should fly together!

Reactions: folk_me
Hey folk_me !
I also live in Alexandria! So flying is tough and I have to adventure out to fly, but that is half the fun!
I have taken trips to Woodbridge, parts of Fairfax (west) to fly. Have to be out of that DC area to fly and there seems to be a airport or helipad every five miles. But, I usually pick out a spot that I want to try to fly and fire up the Airmap and B4UFLY app to see where I can go. Sometimes I have to travel a couple more miles out of the range. Lately I have been searching for small towns to get some footage of! One weekend we should fly together!
I'm still a newbie but definitely! I need to practice before my Costa Rica trip in March!

Sent from my Pixel using MavicPilots mobile app

Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum. I am a complete newbie and just got my Mavic a few days ago. Living in NOVA is definitely challenging when it comes to drone, since the whole area is like a no-drone zone.

By the way, does anyone know if it is okay to fly the deon in the Fountainhead Regional Park? According to the AirMap, it's ok, but technically it still falls within the 15-30 miles radius of the SFRA (Special Flight Rules Area).

Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum. I am a complete newbie and just got my Mavic a few days ago. Living in NOVA is definitely challenging when it comes to drone, since the whole area is like a no-drone zone.

By the way, does anyone know if it is okay to fly the deon in the Fountainhead Regional Park? According to the AirMap, it's ok, but technically it still falls within the 15-30 miles radius of the SFRA (Special Flight Rules Area).

I heard Fountainhead is a no go these days, I'm not 100% sure though. I usually fly down in Haymarket/Gainesville a little easier.

I thought your were getting an early winter, then I saw I the date on the vid. Nice stuff!

I will tell you, beside the joy of flying the Mavic, I also enjoy the "hunt" for a spot to fly. I live six miles from Washington D.C. and it can be a challenge to say the least on finding a place to fly. I have enjoyed looking up small/old town to find a place to fly! I also get out the AIRMAP and B4UFLY apps to check that I am legal...

It's just been fun to travel the state and find beautiful places to fly. Just thought I would share that the hunt and planning to fly is awesome and is almost as awesome as flying the Mavic!

You can check out my latest footage here:

That is a great video.

NoVA UAV flight is an adventure alright, but should be improving very, very soon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000