DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The birds love me!

Wacker2611

Reactions
Was in Whitby yesterday for its first proper outing. Flown there many times before...
Anyway, as soon it was in the air I was mobbed by an angry gang of seagulls who immediately started to dive bomb my precious flying machine - to the extent I had to abort after 1 minute in the air and come home with my tail between my legs.
Not had this problem before - had anyone else noticed that the Mavic seems to be a bit of a bird puller? I'm thinking it might be the colour and the shape which could be mistaken for a crow if you've not been to specsavers.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: BigRhino
Was in Whitby yesterday for its first proper outing. Flown there many times before...
Anyway, as soon it was in the air I was mobbed by an angry gang of seagulls who immediately started to dive bomb my precious flying machine - to the extent I had to abort after 1 minute in the air and come home with my tail between my legs.
Not had this problem before - had anyone else noticed that the Mavic seems to be a bit of a bird puller? I'm thinking it might be the colour and the shape which could be mistaken for a crow if you've not been to specsavers.

Stick some High Viz tape to a couple of the legs (Orange seems best) and they won't bother you (or not nearly as much).
With High Viz they seem to recognise it's a man made device (not a bird anyway) and do not determine it as a threat to their territory.
We had major issues with Gulls whilst doing a commercial job in Southend (Seaside Town) - I wasn't using a Mavic but of the two UAV's I was using the one with tape got a lot less attention.
Stuck some on the other one and they stayed clear of that as well!

Reactions: Wacker2611
Stick some High Viz tape to a couple of the legs (Orange seems best) and they won't bother you (or not nearly as much).
With High Viz they seem to recognise it's a man made device (not a bird anyway) and do not determine it as a threat to their territory.
We had major issues with Gulls whilst doing a commercial job in Southend (Seaside Town) - I wasn't using a Mavic but of the two UAV's I was using the one with tape got a lot less attention.
Stuck some on the other one and they stayed clear of that as well!

Great advice, thanks[emoji106]

I have flew into a bunch of crows but they just ignore my mavic.

for your case do consider putting a dead cat onto your mavic.

ad_183137135-e1443711448326.jpg

I get harassed by crows and seagulls all the time. Put it in ATTI mode and fly it erratically and full speed away from them. This freaks them out and they will leave you alone. They get scared of the noise and the muscular heroics that they can't match.

Well, the flying erratically bit will come very easily to me! Another reason to have a switchable atti mode on this thing. Sport mode should work just as well though.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Every craft I've flown has been a bird magnet. Big birds and small birds have chased or dive bombed me. I guess that's why you need sport mode; you'll be able to out run them. Lol

seagulls seem the worse for it.. they chase my much larger fixed wing camera plane.. the only difference being they cant catch up with it.. :)

trog

We have hawks that like to stoop and dive on my P3, but pull out at about 10 feet or so, must be the noise from the props, never had one actually hit the quad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo