DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fastest way to get a Mavic

This is the reason I am on the fence on updating firmware and let us know how it goes from this point moving forward. My aircraft is one firmware behind. There is another thread on this forum regarding issues after firmware upgrade if you want to read more about it, some are not having any issues at all.

Oddly enough no issues today. Apple updates my DJI app but that's it.

I saw a recent post about using nowinstock.net to set up an alert to tell me when Best Buy had some inventory. It worked great, I got an alert on my phone and scooped it up. I think its about the only way you'll have any luck getting one early at Best Buy, the window of availability is only a few minutes.
I finally got lucky tonight and caught them when they showed available. I purchased 2 of them....one is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (paid expedited shipping) and the other is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. Waiting for the tracking info now....

from the trend I have seen since last Friday is they update the system at some point in the morning between 8 and 10am EDT and then again around 8and 10PM EDT. These are the times I have seen people (myself included) reporting they have been able to catch them available. The window is short typically 10-15 minutes max...

In stock now!!!!
I have sniper alerts set up for instock status and got no notification, thats ok I got a phantom to fly in the mean time and heading out for the holidays Sat. anyway.

If my Fly More Combo from NewEgg ships this week like the DJI rep informed me yesterday, I will offer up one of the Best Buy Fly Less kits I ordered last night arriving tomorrow....I will respond back here if this pans out so keep an eye out.

So, I initially ordered from Amazon on 11/9/16. I have had two shipping adjustments, now showing a Jan 16th delivery.

I just now ordered from Apple, it shows a February delivery date... Lets see which gets here first

Today, amazon moved shipping down to February. So I went out to local BESTBUY,, The girl says "Oh I have one in back, came in yesterday".. So I snagged it. Now playing hell cancelling the Apple order. Amazon was cancelled very easy

Fly More Combo ordered from pcrush thru newegg on 12/17. received 12/21.

You're very lucky! They received 58 orders but only had 10 in stock. I placed an order with them through newegg AND ebay AND their website...all 3 cancelled. The telephone representative (Mike) was nice about it and even offered to let me know when more come in...but I'm still out of luck.

d8f21be1db52056cf118e74f09c33a20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: followyourdrones
I am on a driving vacation from South Florida back up through Louisville Ky. so I will be popping in a few best buys along the way, I need a new camera for the online pictures here at the car lot and my wife is due for a new laptop so plenty reason to hit a few along our way, maybe I will get lucky and score my mavic while I am gone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54