DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The heck happened? nast looking photogrammetry shots?

bizzy_drone

Reactions
I went up took a few (4) photos they were fine then when I kicked into a dronedeploy pre planned flight mission All the photos after came out very very white washed out... Not sure how or why? Never happened before? Only thing I did different was try to fly the mission with DD using my Android Nexus 6p which wasn't working well so before flying the mission landed it and switched out the mavic controller from the Nexus 6p to my Iphone7+

Any thoughts how this happened? Didn't notice while out there until I got back to the office. Wasted time.DJI_0542.JPG DJI_0548.JPG DJI_0723.JPG DJI_0723.JPG

That looks like excessive over exposure. Were the individual shots ok (you said you took 4 but I guess you meant 40)

No I took 4 shots first which were all ok - then when the dronedeploy app flew its preplanned flight mission (grid over a site camera facing down) they all came out whitewashed - and then when it completed I took a couple more photos and whatever setting had changed (though not on purpose from me and I don't know how the DD app would do it either) must have stuck because those photos were also whitewashed out. Overall I took 185 photos and only the first 4 look normal after #5 and on they look white.

Could you have hit the right control dial and changed exposure compensation after the first four shots? Since it stayed washed out after your mission, that is most likely what happened.

Could you have hit the right control dial and changed exposure compensation after the first four shots? Since it stayed washed out after your mission, that is most likely what happened.

I assumed that was the case but went out today to redo the mission and double checked all settings especially exposures/white balance/photo settings and again went up took some photos myself which turned out fine - then when I opened drone deploy to run the mission every single camera photo shot from there on out ended up being just as nasty white washed over exposed snaps. I shot a video after and it was fine - but it appears the dronedeploy app must be changing some settings? I have contacted their support to see what may have happened - still waiting to figure it out. In the app while its taking the photos the live feed looks fine - only when i check the micro-sd card back at the office is it noticeable. 2 trips/days out to the field and back with no real results - frustrating.

There are likely some exposure settings in the app that have been messed up and you should set back to decent values.

After going back n forth with DroneDeploys support and using Pix4d's mission planner - it was DD's app. They suggested turning off the auto-cam settings in DD until they fix it..

Reactions: alexanderguelph
After going back n forth with DroneDeploys support and using Pix4d's mission planner - it was DD's app. They suggested turning off the auto-cam settings in DD until they fix it..

I was going to say the same thing. Set everything manually and then continue from there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest