DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic has landed.......delivered in 2 days!!

Rangerdave

Reactions
Like a lot on here in the UK, I have been waiting (impatiently) for my Mavic to arrive, which I ordered from WEX photography in December (because I could get it on 0% finance) and after contacting them a few times, was told I might have to wait as long as April before any decent amount of stock becomes available, and they have back orders from last October!
Fortunately a few days ago, my dad had some money come in for a telegraph pole in his garden, and kindly offered to lend me the money, which I could pay back as and when. I jumped at the chance of course, and ordered direct from DJI.com late Tuesday afternoon (31st Jan)
Got a random text message from DPD yesterday (1st Feb) saying they would make a delivery today (2nd Feb) and to my utter amazement............a Mavic Pro Fly more package arrived at 10am??
I know DJI have taken some stick these past few months for underestimating the demand for this super little beast, but ...... WOW!
Many have said on YouTube (and here) that it might be a good idea to cancel your old order and make a new one, which might or might not work, but it certainly did for me!
The first battery hasn't even fully charged yet, and I'm sitting here in amazement at how small this thing is, we've all heard others say it, but it really is!
Fortunately (he says with a frown!) the weather here is not so nice, so will give me time to familiarise myself with everything and get all the updates and setting changes done, I have so many cinemagraphic ideas in my head, it will be a relief to finally put them into practice!
Right, now I've got that off my chest..........time to play! ;)

Any other Mavers in the Vale of Evesham/Cotswold area want to meet up sometime for a practising/idea exchanging session, drop me a line?
I also work quite a bit down in South Essex/East London.

Enjoy mate, its nerve wracking the first few flights but great fun. i'm in Upminster but work in London.
Love mine, recently bought a gps tracker in case of fly away/user error.

Reactions: Rangerdave
Enjoy mate, its nerve wracking the first few flights but great fun. i'm in Upminster but work in London.
Love mine, recently bought a gps tracker in case of fly away/user error.

Thanks Darren, I work a lot around Horndon on the Hill, and already checked the "no fly zones" in the area, looks like we're stuffed? lol!

Like a lot on here in the UK, I have been waiting (impatiently) for my Mavic to arrive, which I ordered from WEX photography in December (because I could get it on 0% finance) and after contacting them a few times, was told I might have to wait as long as April before any decent amount of stock becomes available, and they have back orders from last October!
Fortunately a few days ago, my dad had some money come in for a telegraph pole in his garden, and kindly offered to lend me the money, which I could pay back as and when. I jumped at the chance of course, and ordered direct from DJI.com late Tuesday afternoon (31st Jan)
Got a random text message from DPD yesterday (1st Feb) saying they would make a delivery today (2nd Feb) and to my utter amazement............a Mavic Pro Fly more package arrived at 10am??
I know DJI have taken some stick these past few months for underestimating the demand for this super little beast, but ...... WOW!
Many have said on YouTube (and here) that it might be a good idea to cancel your old order and make a new one, which might or might not work, but it certainly did for me!
The first battery hasn't even fully charged yet, and I'm sitting here in amazement at how small this thing is, we've all heard others say it, but it really is!
Fortunately (he says with a frown!) the weather here is not so nice, so will give me time to familiarise myself with everything and get all the updates and setting changes done, I have so many cinemagraphic ideas in my head, it will be a relief to finally put them into practice!
Right, now I've got that off my chest..........time to play! ;)

Any other Mavers in the Vale of Evesham/Cotswold area want to meet up sometime for a practising/idea exchanging session, drop me a line?
I also work quite a bit down in South Essex/East London.

Very happy for you;) njoy.

I ordered on 17th January to deliver to Ireland and got loads of "you will receive an email this evening with shipping tracking" etc as it was due to ship 31st. But to date I get "yes you will get it", "no wait fro DJI care to send you an email" to "yes we have a unit for you", to "no I dont know if we have a unit" to "you wont be affected by delays" to "we're out of stock".

Guys just tells us the story and manage expectations

Very happy for you;) njoy.

I ordered on 17th January to deliver to Ireland and got loads of "you will receive an email this evening with shipping tracking" etc as it was due to ship 31st. But to date I get "yes you will get it", "no wait fro DJI care to send you an email" to "yes we have a unit for you", to "no I dont know if we have a unit" to "you wont be affected by delays" to "we're out of stock".

Guys just tells us the story and manage expectations

That would seem to be the best option, to just tells us how it is, but no.......someone somewhere along the line thinks it's best to keep everyone in the dark, there's no way of telling why that is, very frustrating and not a good way to start a customer/company relationship!

I must apologise for "rubbing it in" with those still waiting, I was just so excited I had to tell everyone! :)

Reactions: Matisse13
That would seem to be the best option, to just tells us how it is, but no.......someone somewhere along the line thinks it's best to keep everyone in the dark, there's no way of telling why that is, very frustrating and not a good way to start a customer/company relationship!

I must apologise for "rubbing it in" with those still waiting, I was just so excited I had to tell everyone! :)

True but the only thing that consoles me is that if there is a Chinese family enjoying seeing each other for the only week in the year and catching up with each other for "Chinese New Year" I'm happy enough to be in the queue after them, but yeah the confused updates of hope, no hope, hope no hope, bit like Geek waterboarding for the consumers

Thanks Darren, I work a lot around Horndon on the Hill, and already checked the "no fly zones" in the area, looks like we're stuffed? lol!
I live within a mile of a small local airfield (Damyns Hall Aerodrome), i emailed them to inform them I would be flying (didn't give specifics) and when they asked for more information I reminded them I needed to inform them, not seek permission. I keep well within the height limits and as long as they stick to theirs we will have no problem,. To be honest I think if you are sensible, for example I would not bring into the city and try and fly around the Shard or Gherkin for example I think you would be asking for trouble, but I use mine at Upminster park and have plans of heading off to parks near Brentwood, Grays Beach and lots of other local places I have visited for a birds eye view. Will also be taking further afield and abroad a few times. That's the joy of something this small.

Fellow Essex Mavic flyer here. Brentwood.

Nice one Jordan, wheres a good place to fly in Brentwood? was thinking of the King George V playing fields near Ingrave, and flying over the woods etc.

Fellow Essex Mavic flyer here. Brentwood.

Hi Jordan, yes I've watched your videos, and thought the area looked familiar!
Sounds like there's a few of us in that neck of the woods, when the weather improves we will have to have a scouting mission for good places to fly and swap some notes, haven't flown mine yet (dreadful weather for a few days :mad:)
I have already been asked a favour from a good friend to map an area down on the Thames estuary, was thinking of using DroneDeploy which could be interesting, have you tried anything like this?

I live within a mile of a small local airfield (Damyns Hall Aerodrome), i emailed them to inform them I would be flying (didn't give specifics) and when they asked for more information I reminded them I needed to inform them, not seek permission. I keep well within the height limits and as long as they stick to theirs we will have no problem,. To be honest I think if you are sensible, for example I would not bring into the city and try and fly around the Shard or Gherkin for example I think you would be asking for trouble, but I use mine at Upminster park and have plans of heading off to parks near Brentwood, Grays Beach and lots of other local places I have visited for a birds eye view. Will also be taking further afield and abroad a few times. That's the joy of something this small.

Quite, I plan on taking it with me everywhere, just wish I'd had it years ago, as have traveled to some amazing places!
There are some interesting areas along the north side of the estuary, from Dagenham to Southend, quite a few nature reserves too like Rainham, Thurrock and Two Tree Island etc. that would be out of bounds, but for the most part, pretty quiet spots!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett