DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Netherlands - Drone rules and regulations

Crusader

Reactions
As a visitor to the Netherlands(also non Dutch speaking), I don't understand the rules above. Could you please explain in short terms? Preferably in English?

As a visitor to the Netherlands(also non Dutch speaking), I don't understand the rules above. Could you please explain in short terms? Preferably in English?

In short,

Max. 120M high
Keep line of sight
Not near parlement or royalty
No flying after dark
Not above or near highway or freeway's
Not above or in towns and city
Not near or above people
On private land have permition of owner

Keep in mind the local No fly zones (use an app like hover or see 2nd link above)

And you only may fly for hobby, if prof. or for a fee you need a licence and so on.

Have fun and fly safe!

In short,

Max. 120M high
Keep line of sight
Not near parlement or royalty
No flying after dark
Not above or near highway or freeway's
Not above or in towns and city
Not near or above people
On private land have permition of owner

Keep in mind the local No fly zones (use an app like hover or see 2nd link above)

And you only may fly for hobby, if prof. or for a fee you need a licence and so on.

Have fun and fly safe!
Thank you! Do you think they are very straight about them? I would like to take some good shots of the city.

Hi there,

Next week I’m going to Netherlands, near a town called Rolde, next to Assen.
Checking with your second link, this area is, if I understood right, a military zone?
I’ll be in a place called Hof Van Saksen, and I plan to shoot in the vecinities.
It’s ok to fly there?

Thanks

Hi there,

Next week I’m going to Netherlands, near a town called Rolde, next to Assen.
Checking with your second link, this area is, if I understood right, a military zone?
I’ll be in a place called Hof Van Saksen, and I plan to shoot in the vecinities.
It’s ok to fly there?

Thanks

As long as you abide by the rules and stay out of controlled airspace you should be fine

Next week I am going to Amsterdam and also the cute little village Giethoorn - where I would like to use my Mavic Air.

Does anyone know if it is OK to fly there (over the canals where there will be people in the small boats, and also where there are private houses)
I will of course respect the privacy and security and safety distancves as much as possible.
I have seen several drone films on Youtube from Giethoorn (this does not make it legal I know..)

Same with Zaanse Schans - will it be Ok to fly there?

Not above or in towns and city - but I am not sure Giethoorn is a town or city...
Not near or above people - I will not fly NEAR people but it will certainly be above (but on safe distance)
On private land have permition of owner - I will not start or land on private property but the droen will probably fly over and also catch on film some private property

Would be nice with some advice

Thanks, PeA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000