DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Statue of Liberty with my Mavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for the drone police on this one.

That is a national park and a NFZ.

It is a National Park. It is not a NFZ. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I checked all of the sectional charts. It's Class G airspace up to 700 AGL. The rules for National Parks are only that you cannot take off or land from within. You can fly over because the National Park Service does not have jurisdiction over the airspace.

Where did you launch from, and what was the distance to her ?

I launched from an undisclosed location and was within visual line of site the whole time.

Last edited:
You got some serious ***** flying that close at the end, if you crashed i'm pretty sure they would of put you in jail.

Reactions: JROK
Aren't drones "temporarily" banned in all national parks since 2014 till this very day? I have to admit, i wouldn't have the ***** to fly over statue of liberty, if someone wants to track me down, all one needs to do is see where i land after all.

Aren't drones "temporarily" banned in all national parks since 2014 till this very day? I have to admit, i wouldn't have the balls to fly over statue of liberty, if someone wants to track me down, all one needs to do is see where i land after all.
No it looks like he took off from across the water so they couldn't do anything, however if he crashed and he registered his drone they would find him and probably give him a huge fine and maybe jail time. I wouldn't doubt the park rangers on the ground were probably freaking out.

Park rangers freaking out can probably ask some NYPD or other helicopter for help, and guess who'd pay for that heli flight time :)

Reactions: Jim596 and Kestrel
Park rangers freaking out can probably ask some NYPD or other helicopter for help, and guess who'd pay for that heli flight time :)
I don't know about a helicopter, to dangerous to fly with a drone in the air, perhaps a boat to track it..

Reactions: wolfmad
Well, next step - hover over a military base? ;-)

Sadly, 720p only. I doubt one would recover the SD card ;-)

Reactions: Kestrel
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato