DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

things i learned when i got my mavicpro, and did not know (or wasn't sure) about before

Well, I suggest you start with a fully charged phone and controller for getting the most flights in. As I have an iPhone it won't charge the phone so no additional drain on the FC, curious to see how many flights my phone battery will handle. I do carry a 37 watt (10,000 mAh) power bank with me that will recharge my phone 2-3 times from almost empty at 2AH, wonder how well it will work on the controller?

Is The blue charger made by DJI
No. It's a common 3rd party charger used by Phantom 3 pilots. You can see more details about it here. The same company will most likely make a Mavic version.

DJI doesn't typically release parallel battery chargers. They did recently release their hex battery charger though. Let's hope that's a sign of things to come.

Last edited:
- the 4 ways charger charges battery one at a time. basically it "queues" the charging, but does not charge "all at once" (given the size of the charger that makes sense, no way it could put out enough power)

Thanks for this! The fly more "deal" is not for me now. Less money and I get 3 batteries. I have a car inverter and plenty of bags to carry everything in already.

- the 4 ways charger charges battery one at a time. basically it "queues" the charging, but does not charge "all at once" (given the size of the charger that makes sense, no way it could put out enough power)

I don't believe this is completely true. I read (will try to find the source) that it charges one battery to 80%. Then that battery switches to top-off mode of getting a lower current for the final 20%. When that happens, then battery n°2 begins full charge for its first 80%. So that there is a 4:1 overlap, and not completely linear.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I will definitely purchase the equivalent to the blue charger when it is released. Today, the best means of charging all the batteries will be to use the charger in the fly more package.

I will definitely purchase the equivalent to the blue charger when it is released. Today, the best means of charging all the batteries will be to use the charger in the fly more package.
Unfortunately, the included hub charger in the Fly More bundle is the 50W and not the 100W version.:(

I'm disappointed that the included charger is the low powered one but can live with it. I'm disappointed that after 3 flights (2 of them were 19 minutes each), I was down to 51% on the remote controller battery. Seems undersized. Other than that, seems great so far. Looking forward to running with Litchi and Hivemapper etc.

I don't believe this is completely true. I read (will try to find the source) that it charges one battery to 80%. Then that battery switches to top-off mode of getting a lower current for the final 20%. When that happens, then battery n°2 begins full charge for its first 80%. So that there is a 4:1 overlap, and not completely linear.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
i dont know man, but the battery charging indicator clearly charges one at a time until 100% full but maybe theres something i dont know, like a specifc thing to do.

also the charger is indeed 50W, so it charges at 1C. 100W would be nice (2C charging is still quite low and safe yet twice faster lol)

note: the bluecharger for the phantom is only 210w - ideally for a big charger with 4 batts, might as well get 400-500w and charge everything at 2C.

Reactions: Romi
i dont know man, but the battery charging indicator clearly charges one at a time until 100% full but maybe theres something i dont know, like a specifc thing to do.

also the charger is indeed 50W, so it charges at 1C. 100W would be nice (2C charging is still quite low and safe yet twice faster lol)
DJI makes a 100W charger for the Mavic hub. They just chose not to include it in the Fly More Bundle. :rolleyes:

yeah my point is that even 100W is cheap, 400W for a 4 way parallel charger would be nice. I've a 500 and a 1000W power supply for similar high power charger.
on the flip side, i pack the 50W of the fly more combo inside the bag. i suspect 100W wouldnt fit, let alone anything bigger. ideally.. iwant want both a 50w and 500w charger lol. i dont think its a huge huge issue though.

note: the bluecharger for the phantom is only 210w - ideally for a big charger with 4 batts, might as well get 400-500w and charge everything at 2C.
I found the source of the info I was looking for. Turns out there's a different charging hub (don't think it's available yet) called the Advanced Hub to use with a 100W charger that will do partial parallel charging.

3. What is a Battery Charging Hub? What is the difference between the two versions of the Mavic’s Charging Hub?
The two Charging Hubs can both charge up to 4 batteries at one time. In order to fully charge the first battery as quickly as possible, the Intelligent Flight Batteries are charged in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low. This gives you the fastest way of getting all your batteries fully charged. There are two main differences between the two Charging Hubs. First, the standard Charging Hub only supports the Mavic’s 50W Battery Charger and Mavic Car Charger, while the advanced version also supports the 100W Battery Charger and Car Charger from the Phantom 4. Second, the advanced version will balance the voltage of each battery cell to improve charging efficiency. When one battery’s charging enters the second-half of its charging phase, the next battery will enter the first-half of its charging phase. With 4 batteries all at 15%, the advanced charger can get 4 batteries fully charged in 140 minutes using the Phantom 4’s 100W charger, while the standard version will need 270 minutes with the Mavic’s 50W charger.
So looks like we'll be wanting to get both the Advanced Hub as well as the P4 100W charger once the Advanced Hub is available.

I found the source of the info I was looking for. Turns out there's a different charging hub (don't think it's available yet) called the Advanced Hub to use with a 100W charger that will do partial parallel charging.

3. What is a Battery Charging Hub? What is the difference between the two versions of the Mavic’s Charging Hub?
The two Charging Hubs can both charge up to 4 batteries at one time. In order to fully charge the first battery as quickly as possible, the Intelligent Flight Batteries are charged in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low. This gives you the fastest way of getting all your batteries fully charged. There are two main differences between the two Charging Hubs. First, the standard Charging Hub only supports the Mavic’s 50W Battery Charger and Mavic Car Charger, while the advanced version also supports the 100W Battery Charger and Car Charger from the Phantom 4. Second, the advanced version will balance the voltage of each battery cell to improve charging efficiency. When one battery’s charging enters the second-half of its charging phase, the next battery will enter the first-half of its charging phase. With 4 batteries all at 15%, the advanced charger can get 4 batteries fully charged in 140 minutes using the Phantom 4’s 100W charger, while the standard version will need 270 minutes with the Mavic’s 50W charger.
So looks like we'll be wanting to get both the Advanced Hub as well as the P4 100W charger once the Advanced Hub is available.
1. P4 100W charger---Check! :D
2. Advanced Hub---Waiting! :cool:
3. Mavic Pro---Waiting! :eek:

The blue charger will be out soon. You can buy that and charge everything at once.
... for which will be a welcome alternative... and other makers will join the club.

I have a car charger that will do two P3 batteries and the remote at the same time (simultaneously) if the car is running and a household charger that does three batteries and the controller simultaneously. This is awesome and what I will be looking for in an aftermarket charger...

The Smart batteries will start discharging shortly after they are charge this is a safety feature that helps the battery relieve pressure, It would not be safe to ship plane loads of fully charged batteries. Regardless just sitting a few days the batteries will discharge to 60% without use, that is by design.

Regardless just sitting a few days the batteries will discharge to 60% without use, that is by design.
With the default battery settings in place, it would take about 13 days for a fully charged battery to auto discharge down to 65%.

Per the Battery Safety Guidelines, the battery will start auto discharging down to 65% after 10 days (or the days set in DJI GO if that setting was changed). The discharge process could take up to 3 days to complete.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'm wondering if the existing aftermarket YX brand black 4 way parallel charger for the P4 would work for the Mavic! It should, since the connectors appear to be the same. Can't confirm because I don't yet have a Mavic in hand! :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54