DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Things that make you go hmmmmm

Brojon

Reactions
It was a tad windy today - around 15mph. You could tell the Mavic was bucking it.
I wanted to try my Samsung Tab 4 8" tablet. No go. DJI got PO'd that I couldn't connect. It did let me cancel but it did something weird - the controller shows connected to teh bird, GPS mode, everything green. The tablet said no connection and refused to talk to the controller. So I loaded up my Samsung S7 Edge phone and no issues connecting.
So first flight I went up to 150', flew into the wind towards the neighborhood park about 1200 ft down the road.
I've done this many times now from the exact same spot.
Today I get a signal issue - it appears to have dropped at one point then came right back. There are trees between but it shouldn't have been an issue at 150' up. Anyway - flew it back and lapped the area I was at until the battery hit 30% at which point it signalled low battery so I was happy. Last week it started an emergency descent with 35% battery while only 100' away - so I wanted to double-check it.
Loaded a fresh battery and took off the same direction but then turned right to tack with the wind and then looped back and flew with the wind for awhile then turned back and started recording in 4K. ABout halfway back (maybe 300 feet away) the video went funky and the app crashed. I took it up to 150' and hit the return home button. I managed to get the app running right about the time it started descent.
So - the issue with connecting has me wondering if it has anything to do with internet connectivity and the crash has me wondering about the viability of the phone I have.
What are people using that has been a reliable controller? I hate to spend an arm on an iPad when I have 3 Samsung tablets. So far not inspired to take any longer trips with it.

Reactions: hychewright
Samsung Tab S2 works perfectly. The issue I have found is Nougat or Android 7. DJI Go or DJI Go 4 will crash on Nougat every time. On my tablet with Marshmallow they work perfectly. I really hate the Nougat interface too. Someone told me it looks like an iPhone interface. No wonder it sucks.

Reactions: Brojon
Iphone 6 plus as a dedicated device. It's never crashed on me and you can pick them up fairly cheaply on eBay.

Rob

Reactions: Brojon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu