DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Think I may have a problem

Chippy

Reactions
IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0316.JPG IMG_0317.JPG Hi folks
Had my Mavic just over two weeks and really enjoying it. Just back from my latest flight used all three of my batteries no problems at all,now got just under 2 hours total flight time and no crashes.

Packing up after today's flight noticed some small marks more like a bulge on the front and top of the bird,these weren't there before this mornings flight. Looks like something inside has swollen pushing the casing out. Hope someone has an idea what's going on,or should I just send it in.

Reactions: PJ Kania
Heat possibly? Are you flying with your clear dome cover over the camera? If so, this obstructs the flow of air through the vents below the gimbal. If not, I would still suspect heat; these things get extremely hot during use.

This is what's beneath;

Mavic-Teardown-inside.jpg

Mavic-Teardown-camera-gimbal-1.jpg

Don't see any real heat sorce tho.

Reactions: CplMulder
View attachment 5295 View attachment 5296 View attachment 5297 Hi folks
Had my Mavic just over two weeks and really enjoying it. Just back from my latest flight used all three of my batteries no problems at all,now got just under 2 hours total flight time and no crashes.

Packing up after today's flight noticed some small marks more like a bulge on the front and top of the bird,these weren't there before this mornings flight. Looks like something inside has swollen pushing the casing out. Hope someone has an idea what's going on,or should I just send it in.

I've seen someone report the same issue in the past so its a known issue. Are you flying in real cold weather?

Was cold this morning I'm in Yorkshire UK,But above freezing all the morning frost had melted probably 4 of 5 degrees C, lovely and sunny with no wind so ideal flying conditions.

The only electrical things up there that could cause warping from heat are the compass board, and the front sensors and board. Ive never seen that happen before. The battery is too far aft to do that as well as the battery connector. If you have refresh I would send it in and they will send you a new one. If you continue to fly it that way, you run the risk of something shorting out and causing an accident. If you want to continue flying it, next time you fly it, feel it for heat at that spot.

Reactions: PowerT1998
Have Refresh,as this is my first drone thought £99 could be the best money I've spent if I crash it.

Think I'm going to send it in,don't as you say want a short while flying and it dropping out of the sky. Should really be a warranty claim and not cost me,save the refresh til I really need it.

Just need to figure out the process of sending it back now.

Yes a warranty claim would apply if it hasnt been crashed. Dont be shocked if they send you a bill, just politely hold your ground and say that it is a warranty claim.

The process is easy these days, either call or go online tech support chat. In the USA you can wait up to 30 minutes to connect, but not sure in the UK. They will email you an RMA and then you just have to wait for them to make their determination. I think you have good reason to justify a warranty claim.

Reactions: Chippy
Rob
seriously thanks for being there for me, having dropped £1350 ish on the fly more was kinda worried as to what would happen with my claim. Seems like Chinese new year celebrations may hold up my claim but at least its in motion, would not feel confident flying with this issue.

Thanks mate

I've had my Mavic just over two weeks to and under 2 hours total flight time and no crashes. only have 2 batteries I have noticed the same thing but on other side. I'm returning for refund had other problems to 1 of them cant get smooth yaw when lowering at 3 m/s and abnormal gimbal vibrations when not windy I DONT FLY WITH GIMBAL COVER ON. Pics bit hard to see

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    935.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0902.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
My MP has had a small deformation in the front nose brand new out of the box. Have never had a single issue with it though. But I am curious what the outcome is for those of you that file claims with dji and if it is actually a real potential issue. I don't see it as one but who knows.

My MP has had a small deformation in the front nose brand new out of the box. Have never had a single issue with it though. But I am curious what the outcome is for those of you that file claims with dji and if it is actually a real potential issue. I don't see it as one but who knows.
Like Chippy says these weren't there before this mornings flight. Mine never had marks out of box but gimbal clamp wasn't locked in but was no damage/marks/bulge. It doesn't affect the way it flys the now but down the line like phantoms stress cracks could appear or even more bulges who knows it hasn't been on market long enough to say maybe just bad batch of plastic. I don't know the process in plastic making maybe need to cure or susceptible to moisture

Reactions: AKent
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000