DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about getting an iMac

finz4lyfe

Reactions
I was thinking about getting an iMac with 4K or 5 k display. My 2011 MacBook Pro doesn't handle my 4K footage. Will the iMac handle my 4K videos?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Think you'll find most computers wouldnt. You'll have to change resolution to 1/4 or 1/2 but an iMac should mean that you don't need to create a proxy edit

I have a 2012 iMac and it handles 4k video flawlessly. Renders are lightning fast as well.

Also planning on getting a 27 in 5K. Waiting a month or two as a product refresh is expected in March/April.

Also planning on getting a 27 in 5K. Waiting a month or two as a product refresh is expected in March/April.
I thought of that but after going to MacRumers it looks like the refrest won't be much of an improvement, just a bit faster processor at the top end (I got the 4.2Ghz) and a faster option for video card, which isn't needed for 4k, just if you are a serious gamer.

I was thinking about getting an iMac with 4K or 5 k display. My 2011 MacBook Pro doesn't handle my 4K footage. Will the iMac handle my 4K videos?

I have a 27" iMac i& 32GB 3TB. 5K Love it. I've been a Mac users for about 10 years.

Suggest you call my friend Matt at BestBuy (Colorado Springs), free shipping. Ask him for best price, mention me and ask if he as any open box.

His email is [email protected] and cell: +1 (719) 472-4224

Reactions: KevinT

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000