DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking of getting a Magic.

lou1947

Reactions
I have P3 pro and I am thinking of upgrading to a P4 or the Mavic. I was wondering if any of you have been in the same situation? I like the portability of the Mavic but I am unsure about having to have to tap on the screen to focus. Is there a way of not having to tap to focus as in my P3 pro? . Was also wondering about the video quality compared to my P3 pro or the P4? Thanks for any replies.

Your thread title.... Magic what?

You don't have to tap the screen to focus if its on auto. But you have the option to run a manual focus and tap unlike I think the p4. Video quality is going to be around the same.

Portability is going to be the biggest difference.

Will be using it mostly to film around the farm and while traveling. My wife wants to take an around the world cruise and it would be nice to carry something smaller than carrying my P3 or a P4

Will be using it mostly to film around the farm and while traveling. My wife wants to take an around the world cruise and it would be nice to carry something smaller than carrying my P3 or a P4
So, no more question.....you need a Mavic plain and simple.:)

Reactions: TomKemp
Click bait title.

I have my (left) C1 button (one of the programmable buttons that you assign a function to) set to focus on the center of the frame, and my (right) C2 button set to swap the camera from straight-down view to straight-ahead view. I've just made it a habit to tap on my C1 button every minute or so to make sure whatever is in the center of the frame is focused. Works great.

Thank you for the replies. Sound like Mavic is the way to go.

You'll definitely be happy with a Mavic. You really can't go wrong :cool:

A lot of Mavic lovers here on Mavic Pilots forum. I'm not necessarily in lock step with these opinions. I too was in your exact situation. P3P and decided to go with Mavic.
The Mavic is a fine bird and I have had no issues with mine. But if I had to do this again,.....I would own a P4P+.
And as a previous poster stated,.....it all depends on what you want from your quad copter.
If portability is your main concern,...then the Mavic is your bird.
But if you are buying for photography,......then the P4P's 20 MP camera cannot be touched by any other hobby drone. Stability in wind is another consideration. The Mavic does a pretty good job there,....but as has been mentioned time and again on this forum,....the P4P's weight gives it a slight advantage in that category. I think you would have an advantage with accessories as well, as the Phantoms have been around for a bit. Such as ND filters. I am not a big fan of the push on filters. Once on,....they can become a pain in the butt to remove as witness by myself and spoken about many times on this forum.
There is the thing about distance and real world experience. The Mavic does hold a slight advantage in advertised distance. (Not going to go into the legalities of not being in line of sight) I having never owned a P4P cannot compare the two,....but find about a mile to be realistic for the Mavic at decent photography height. I am going to assume about the same for the P4P.
Now I am not going to put down the Mavic. As stated,..it depends on what your priorities are. I purchased my bird to do photography. And I can tell you that I see a decline in quality from my P3P movies and photos from the Mavic. So if photography is your main priority,....then the P4P or P4P+ is the way to go. If portability with decent enough photography is your main concern,......then the Mavic should be your choice.
PS If anyone whom owns an uncrashed P4P+ wants to swap out to an uncrashed Mavic Fly More kit with tons of accessories,........please reply to this posting.

Who here has actually flown both the mavic and p4 in sea breeze?

I have and I'll let you in on a secret, get the mavic if you want stability

Who here has actually flown both the mavic and p4 in sea breeze?

I have and I'll let you in on a secret, get the mavic if you want stability

Yes, pretty amazing how the Mavic can hold it's ground (or air) ;)

Reactions: TomKemp
I have been lucky enough to fly bothA phantom for pro and a Mavic that I own I am onvacation in Costa Rica with my Mavic andevery drone owner I have met has said they did not want to travel with the phantom and now wishes they had MAVIC Is the best all around drone out there hands down

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60