DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Third party intelligent charger

Lelantos

Reactions
I came across this interesting intelligent charger for the Mavic batteries.

DJI Mavic Pro Drone Accessories Portable Intelligent Charger Charging Board

One thing I noticed was that they use battery connectors that are slightly different than what you get from dji. The contacts look to be more squarish - can't tell if they are the same thickness. If they did happen to be thicker, then there is the possibility that using this charger will spread the battery's contacts and make the connection to the Mavic be compromised. I think this is a good example where using a third party product could void a warranty.
full

Not sure why you would use this board in preference to the one DJI supply with the Mavic Pro. From what I can see, I doubt there is any real intelligence there either, that's inside each battery.

I imagine the reason for this board is that "In the same time, you can charge three batteries", instead of sequentially - and it is real cheap. There must be some "intelligence" on there to be able to drive the three digit led display.

I think the dji intelligent charger checks the voltage of each pack then supplies power to the one closest to being fully charged. The actual charging of the cells is controlled by the battery's built in charger/balancer. This one may just supply power to all packs equally - if the power supply can keep up, then that should be okay, but I doubt that it is going to work as good as claimed.

I have no issues with sequential charging, and I have no use for this board. The third party contacts on it concern me because there is the possibility that they will more quickly wear the contacts on the batteries. Though they may be just fine, I don't know.

Last edited:
I have one that has worked fine with the Phantom but the possible connection damage is a good observation. I like and use the blue box type for both Phantom and Mavic.