DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This cant be good Camera issue

Oldjarhead

Reactions
So, the issue I am having is pink bars, semi circular noise patterns and general large scale noise intermittently.

I am a photographer and have had the Mavic for a couple of weeks.

I noticed on about day two a strange semicircular noise pattern. I thought maybe it was some sort of glitch with obstacle avoidance as the interference looked a lot like the semicircular obstacle warning. Then it got worse with each flight. The mavic has never been crashed. Never been dropped. Never even heard a discouraging word.

This is 30 seconds from todays flight.

Any advice will be appreciated, but I have a feeling what the resolution to this will be......

So, the issue I am having is pink bars, semi circular noise patterns and general large scale noise intermittently.

I am a photographer and have had the Mavic for a couple of weeks.

I noticed on about day two a strange semicircular noise pattern. I thought maybe it was some sort of glitch with obstacle avoidance as the interference looked a lot like the semicircular obstacle warning. Then it got worse with each flight. The mavic has never been crashed. Never been dropped. Never even heard a discouraging word.

This is 30 seconds from todays flight.

Any advice will be appreciated, but I have a feeling what the resolution to this will be......

Is the video from your phone or the sd card?

Never seen anything quite like that reported before, simple things to try - different SD card, reset camera, possibly refresh firmware but ask DJI support first. They will only say similar dumb things.
Then stuck really, doesn't look good.

Hm, my knowledge on the workings of cameras is a bit limited, but I seem to recall there are some filters in between the lens and the sensor. Could be that in case these are not installed properly, you could get these kind of artefacts... quite a long stretch, I know. My advice: do the standard checks (calibrating, exchanging memory cards, maybe firmware rollback, etc.), but I'm afraid this will be a DJI thing to solve.

Video is from the Mavics SD card. Edited in Premier Pro just to cut down to the 30 sec clip. ND 16 filter, no gimbal cover. Shot in 4K CeniLike profile. Shutter speed 1/60th, ISO 100. Pattern appears in ALL color profiles, including DLOG. Wind 8-12 MPH, temp 58 degrees F. DJI Go app showed the exact same anomaly on the phone.

That's very odd... I would have sworn that was video from your phone, and you were seeing some kind of strange multipath interference on your video signal (which actually should be impossible given this is digital transmission). Given that this is on the Mavic SD Card, that doesn't look good. Try changing your HD Video settings to 720p and see if this improves things (just a guess).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost