DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

this is a terrible idea! at least i didn't crash. ascending through the canopy of the forest.

Yea but what a rush eh.
Cool. :cool:

Reactions: HeavensAbove
as i was filming this.....i really began to think that this is a little too risky.

flying in tight quarters in breezy conditions.
Unless you had spotted a perfect opening above and were eyeballing the opening from below, indeed it was risky. I was expecting to see limbs and needles in the camera lens. The anticipation kept me on the edge. Good video.

Great video. I assume you couldn't keep the drone in sight the whole time due to the foliage. How is your signal strength in such a situation? I am hoping to take my Mavic Pro Platinum and DJI goggles with me to Africa next summer and see if I can capture some shots of mountain gorillas, but I am concerned about flying the drone with a lot of vegetation between me and it. Any opinion?

This isn't exactly an African jungle, but the vegetation seems to have little affect on mavic at close range.

I have no doubt that you couldn't fly miles away through dense vegetation, but mavic stays firmly affixed to the rc throug a few tree limbs.

The bigger problem is a stable gps signal. When the canopy is too thick to see the sky mavic struggles with accurate positioning.

I've had no trouble flying mavic through buildings made of concrete and steel while I was outside.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus