DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This isn't exactly a mavic post....

Grungymike95

Reactions
Keep hearing about a new drone supposedly to come out soon, thats even smaller than the mavic. I had a mavic for a couple of months before losing it. Really liked it, I was planning on ordering a new one before the end of this month, but then heard about this new baby version of the mavic (Spark?). It looks more of a selfie drone judging by the size and the design. Curious to hear what everyone else has to say about the spark. And whether I should wait for it to be release or just go ahead and get a second mavic.

Reactions: Wingo
Keep hearing about a new drone supposedly to come out soon, thats even smaller than the mavic. I had a mavic for a couple of months before losing it. Really liked it, I was planning on ordering a new one before the end of this month, but then heard about this new baby version of the mavic (Spark?). It looks more of a selfie drone judging by the size and the design. Curious to hear what everyone else has to say about the spark. And whether I should wait for it to be release or just go ahead and get a second mavic.

here is what I got...

1. It is smaller than mavic is correct
2. Spark is not a final name of this drone
3. It will be available for people under age of 18
4. Go for the mavic, it will be one of your great decisions in life

I believe the spark only has a 2 axis gimbal, while the Mavic has 3. I don't think the Spark's camera is as good as the Mavic. DJI sells units without the RC. You can find them here.

I believe the spark only has a 2 axis gimbal, while the Mavic has 3. I don't think the Spark's camera is as good as the Mavic. DJI sells units without the RC. You can find them here.

I may just do that. Says it ships within 15-20 days though... Im not a very patient person. Might end up getting one from an Apple Store or something and just sell the remote the I have for the old mavic.

I may just do that. Says it ships within 15-20 days though... Im not a very patient person. Might end up getting one from an Apple Store or something and just sell the remote the I have for the old mavic.
You can also get one from @Advexure. I have had great fast service with them.

The rumors about the spark seem to point to it really being a selfie thing that can only be controlled using a phone and thus at very short range, no dedicated controller...

Yeah I don't think its going to compete with the Mavic. Its smaller but as for the capabilities I think the Mavic will still be better.

Which one is better for me; a truck or a car?

That is, how can anyone give an opinion without knowing what you want to use the drone for?

The Spark is _far_ more limited than the Mavic. However, it also has a market or DJI would not be releasing it.

Reactions: Kilrah
It will be available for people under age of 18

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Are you saying you have information that indicates that the "Spark" will only be sold to purchasers under 18?

Are you saying that you believe they would be willing to sell the "Spark" to a 17 year-old and that's somehow not the case with other DJI drones?

Both of those seem very unlikely.

Perhaps it will be under .55 lbs? You can fly those without restrictions in the USA

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Are you saying you have information that indicates that the "Spark" will only be sold to purchasers under 18?

Are you saying that you believe they would be willing to sell the "Spark" to a 17 year-old and that's somehow not the case with other DJI drones?

Both of those seem very unlikely.

I think he was trying to humorously say it appears to be the Spark is a "selfie drone"- a sort of dumbed down, cheaper version of the Mavic to compete with some of the other selfie drones out there. (Again, just speculation)

The selfie drone market is about very small drones made to hover 10 feet in the air or so to take selfie pictures of you. This is handy if you are skateboarding and want a drone to catch your sweet tricks or whatever. But not as handy if you want to fly out to that cliff 2 miles away to take cinematic photos.

Cheaper but also more limited in use. But perfect for those times when the Mavic is overkill.

So as others have hinted at, it is a different tool for a different job. Your needs may vary, but personally I enjoy the Mavic and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend in the market for a drone.

Reactions: Ebruce
I think he was trying to humorously say it appears to be the Spark is a "selfie drone"- a sort of dumbed down, cheaper version of the Mavic to compete with some of the other selfie drones out there. (Again, just speculation)

The selfie drone market is about very small drones made to hover 10 feet in the air or so to take selfie pictures of you. This is handy if you are skateboarding and want a drone to catch your sweet tricks or whatever. But not as handy if you want to fly out to that cliff 2 miles away to take cinematic photos.

Cheaper but also more limited in use. But perfect for those times when the Mavic is overkill.

So as others have hinted at, it is a different tool for a different job. Your needs may vary, but personally I enjoy the Mavic and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend in the market for a drone.

The spark must be the PG version as compared to the rated R mavic! Lol

Cr@p! 22-29 days after payment confirmation!! So translated from DJI phraseology: 3 months!

We've got the Mavic Pro Aircraft Only Replacement units now IN STOCK and ready to ship. All in stock orders placed by 4:30PM PST M-F are guaranteed for same day shipment.

Link: DJI Mavic Pro Aircraft Only (Excl. RC and Charger) - Part 42 | Advexure

You can also get one from @Advexure. I have had great fast service with them.

We're happy to help. :) Appreciate the kind remarks, @Cyberpower678

Reactions: Advexure
You can now purchase just the Mavick on its own directly from DJI store.
Buy Mavic Pro - Aircraft (Excludes Remote Controller and Battery Charger)

I know. And It says it ships within 15-20 days. Thats too long.
We've got the Mavic Pro Aircraft Only Replacement units now IN STOCK and ready to ship. All in stock orders placed by 4:30PM PST M-F are guaranteed for same day shipment.

Link: DJI Mavic Pro Aircraft Only (Excl. RC and Charger) - Part 42 | Advexure

We're happy to help. :) Appreciate the kind remarks, @Cyberpower678

Would you guys honor a 15% off DJI Coupon?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka