DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This might be a silly question but how do you upgrade the firmware on the controller??

island30322

Reactions
I haven't gotten the mavic btw should be here within the week but jw I've read the manual and maybe it's just my adhd kicking in aha, iknow how to upgrade the mavic it's self and each battery but how about the controller? [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: #28
I do most of my firmware upgrades by connecting to PC (using DJI Assistant 2) but if you do an update through the app when connected to the controller I am pretty sure it does the aircraft and controller.

The easiest way is to simply connect the RC to the phone and have the DJI Go app do. the update for you. It will update every device automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: TJT
Yeah I'd defs rather do it through the app, I mean I'm sure I'll want to do it through assistant 2 eventually, but my question is where exactly in the app do I go to update it? Sorry should of put that in the question

Yeah I'd defs rather do it through the app, I mean I'm sure I'll want to do it through assistant 2 eventually, but my question is where exactly in the app do I go to update it? Sorry should of put that in the question

It shows up automatically if there is a firmware update available or an inconsistent firmware version installed on a device.

Yeah same haha, assistant defs seems easier but It seems more on the go through the app, but might be faster through assistant 2, another question aha for assistant 2 do I just download it through there website?

Okay thanks bru, like even before you enter camera view?

Yes, before you enter Camera View there will be a banner saying "Update Required", if you ignore that and go into the camera view (it will let you) then the pre-flight checklist will also tell you the firmware needs to be updated. you can still ignore the second notice and fly on current firmware if you choose.

Reactions: larryp
I find it easiest to update from DJI GO. Here's how it's done:

Okay thanks bru, like even before you enter camera view?

Yes. When you connect your phone and the RC and drone connect the app before anything else that there is a firmware upgrade available for either the RC, drone, or battery, or all three and will offer to do the upgrade before using the drone. It will upgrade all 3 devices for you in one go with very little involvement from the user.

I have done all my updates through the GO app and have not had any issues doing it this way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas