DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"The drone federalism act of 2017"? Now is the time to contact your elected officials!

Feinstein is a real national treasure that will go into the history books of what not to do as an elected official. Bunch of morons in her district to keep sending her back.

With that said, this is a little broad:

(3) any area where operation of the aircraft
system could interfere with the enjoyment or use of
the property.

That means even on your own property your neighbors could complain and have your drone taken away or a fine issued.

Reactions: Blades
I hate that woman with a passion, she's tried to kill my other hobby and its looking like shes trying to kill this one.

Too bad UAS hobbyists and professional UAS pilots don't have a good Lobbyist representation in Congress. We really need an organization like the NRA to protect our First Amendment Rights to express ourselves through out aerial photography. There should be no limits to our flying a camera, unless there is proof that it IS an act that can do harm to someone.

You do not have a right to shoot someone because of the second amendment. Nor do we have the right to use our flying camera to disrupt a landing jet at an airport.
No law should ever be passed because owning a UAS and flying MIGHT create some dangerous situation or harm if the owner MIGHT fly it against the rules of common sense. Instead, pass a law the specifies the punishment for those who do actual harm, not punish because he may possibly do harm.

Too bad UAS hobbyists and professional UAS pilots don't have a good Lobbyist representation in Congress. We really need an organization like the NRA to protect our First Amendment Rights to express ourselves through out aerial photography. There should be no limits to our flying a camera, unless there is proof that it IS an act that can do harm to someone.

You do not have a right to shoot someone because of the second amendment. Nor do we have the right to use our flying camera to disrupt a landing jet at an airport.
No law should ever be passed because owning a UAS and flying MIGHT create some dangerous situation or harm if the owner MIGHT fly it against the rules of common sense. Instead, pass a law the specifies the punishment for those who do actual harm, not punish because he may possibly do harm.

Exactly!

Reactions: Blades and No1much
Feinstein is a real national treasure that will go into the history books of what not to do as an elected official. Bunch of morons in her district to keep sending her back.

With that said, this is a little broad:

That means even on your own property your neighbors could complain and have your drone taken away or a fine issued.

She's a senator, so the entire state of California is her district. As someone living in California, I resent your statement, calling me a moron. :mad: But I agree with your sentiment. For the record, I vote regularly, and I have never voted for her. Gawd, she's annoying.

Here's a little more perspective on the drone proposal:
Feinstein’s “Drone Federalism Act” Would Give States Sweeping Powers Over Drones

Personally, I wish drone regulation stayed under FAA's jurisdiction. And leave it at $5 registration and no flying within 5 miles of an airport and no flying over sports stadiums or crowds, etc., and everything else is pretty much fair game. Use common sense and be safe, and any drone liability goes with the pilot and/or manufacturer.

She's a senator, so the entire state of California is her district. As someone living in California, I resent your statement, calling me a moron. :mad: But I agree with your sentiment. For the record, I vote regularly, and I have never voted for her. Gawd, she's annoying.

Here's a little more perspective on the drone proposal:
Feinstein’s “Drone Federalism Act” Would Give States Sweeping Powers Over Drones

Personally, I wish drone regulation stayed under FAA's jurisdiction. And leave it at $5 registration and no flying within 5 miles of an airport and no flying over sports stadiums or crowds, etc., and everything else is pretty much fair game. Use common sense and be safe, and any drone liability goes with the pilot and/or manufacturer.

I apologize. You are obviously not a moron, but at least 50% of your state is. Then you have Maxine Waters and Pelosi. Doesn't make sense. When people say I am a democrat, but the democrat party left me, this is what they are talking about.

Anyway, fully 100% agree with your post. I want my $5 back and FAA registration. Not only is it not a big deal, but I also want to fall under FAA protection if someone tries to shoot down my drone!

Reactions: namja
I have no problem with the FAA registration myself, it keeps someone accountable plus it say to others that if you are registered you are trying to be safe and follow the rules.

It is much like Constitutional Carry, I think it is our right to carry a gun concealed or open, but I will still apply for a permit to carry concealed because if I get stopped and show the officer my permit it says to him that I have been vetted and that I have had training.

Reactions: namja

I believe the AMA has a lobbyist, or so I was told by a member before I signed up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost