DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts and hints on droning fireworks, anyone?

geigy

Reactions
I'm thinking about doing drone footage of fireworks and an interested in thoughts from others.

Where I live, fireworks are done over water, so the safety issue is not too bad. I would need to break the rule regarding flying after sunset, or maybe there's a way to square that.

Last edited:
no way around the flying at night rule unless you are 107 waivered i believe, that being said night flights do occur. You assume all risk.

i tried it once with a Hubsan once not a good move, There was for some reason huge interference from the ones that make the loudest bangs and after one of those the next time i saw the Hubsan was three days later when a neighbour kindly returned it.

i would hope the Mavic would fare a lot better :)

Reactions: geigy and Bunny Too
I'm thinking about doing drone footage of fireworks and an interested in thoughts from others.

Where I live, fireworks are done over water, so the safety issue is nite too bad. I would need to break the rule regarding flying after sunset, or maybe there's a way to square that.
I saw a beautiful video of New Years fireworks over Beijing, the Mavic was directly above the display. People have done it, I am not sure how they got around the night time thing. Be careful.

Reactions: geigy and Gary cato
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore