DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on crash

plowboy1065

Reactions
Flew my drone with no problems or warnings on Saturday morning and all was well. Went back after lunch and everything started up fine and I brought the drone up to about 10ft and paused there for a few seconds to think about which way I was going to go. It was at the moment the drone just fell out of the sky, and hit the ground. There was thankfully no physical damage as the ground was soft and the grass I had hoped cushioned the blow. I did a once over and fired it back up. I received the motor overload/remove gimbal lock warning but it went away. Took the drone up and the gimbal started vibrating/shaking back and forth. Set it back down and tried the gimbal calibration. It would get hung on 73% and never complete. Now it will not do anything but bounce up and down and is non responsive to the camera control. I went back and looked at the flight log and the flight where it fell out of the sky did not record, just the flight where I took it back up and it started shaking. I've already submitted a return to DJI but wanted to see what your thoughts may be on this

I always do manual. It went up, marked the home point and seconds later lost power and fell. Battery was full, and received no warnings

I always do manual. It went up, marked the home point and seconds later lost power and fell. Battery was full, and received no warnings

Well, I guess that eliminates that as a possibility. Not too long ago, several reported the MP dropping out of the sky seconds after doing a one-touch auto take off. I didn't follow the thread since I've yet to do an auto-takeoff. How about the condition of your battery... does it show any cracking around the button, or wear on the terminals?

All looks well with the battery and terminals. The drone looks to check out to fly, but the motor overload/gimbal warning comes on so I haven't tried to bring it back into the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair