DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on FW .700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus

Reactions
Just took my bird out for a evening spin when I noted the app saying .700 is out..

So for those who had it and tried it already, do leave your thoughts on this new FW here.. Both good and bad..

I'll probably do it tonight after my batt cools down and I charged it some.
Wanted to try the fixed wing mode...

:)

Just took my bird out for a evening spin when I noted the app saying .700 is out..

So for those who had it and tried it already, do leave your thoughts on this new FW here.. Both good and bad..

I'll probably do it tonight after my batt cools down and I charged it some.
Wanted to try the fixed wing mode...

I just finished all calibration and updated to this firmware. I received my Mavic yesterday. Even though my Marco Polo hasn't arrived yet I'm going to go take it up in beginner mode for my 1st flight ever today. I'll report back.

Reactions: Cerberus
I just finished all calibration and updated to this firmware. I received my Mavic yesterday. Even though my Marco Polo hasn't arrived yet I'm going to go take it up in beginner mode today. I'll report back.

Cool.. but a friendly advice... don't fly too far for now..

Keep it in sight for now since we all need to make sure it is good...
fly safe, dude..

Reactions: ed1nh0
Oh no. I lost my Hubsan H501S the day before my Mavic arrived. I had done several flights with it and was highly confident and so I ordered the Mavic. Now I'm back to the days of paranoia. Baby steps until my tracker arrives.

Oh no. I lost my Hubsan H501S the day before my Mavic arrived. I had done several flights with it and was highly confident and so I ordered the Mavic. Now I'm back to the days of paranoia. Baby steps until my tracker arrives.

Umm.. stay cool bro..

I'm only suggesting you to fly within LOS with the new FW until you are confident it is good.

p.s :- Updating my RC first since it still has 88% of batt left.. tried factory reset, but it won't work.. keep saying failed... Oh well... .700 updating now..

p.p.s :- Do you guys think I need to update to .600 first then to .700 or it is safe to update straight to .700 from .550?

Even WITH my Marco Polo I'm staying within sight for a while. The 501 was only $220. This one is a little more spendy......however, I'm going to try the grid thing to try to find my lost 501. A rescue mission!

Even WITH my Marco Polo I'm staying within sight for a while. The 501 was only $220. This one is a little more spendy......however, I'm going to try the grid thing to try to find my lost 501. A rescue mission!

Ok, good luck in finding your 501..

controller updated pretty quick... A lot quicker than .600 if I recall correctly.. I hope I'm not screwing the update up

Umm.. stay cool bro..

I'm only suggesting you to fly within LOS with the new FW until you are confident it is good.

p.s :- Updating my RC first since it still has 88% of batt left.. tried factory reset, but it won't work.. keep saying failed... Oh well... .700 updating now..

p.p.s :- Do you guys think I need to update to .600 first then to .700 or it is safe to update straight to .700 from .550?

You can safely upgrade directly to .700 the updates are all full firmwares and not incremental.

You can safely upgrade directly to .700 the updates are all full firmwares and not incremental.

Thanks for the info..

just finish updating and took it for another spin..
video seems good... flight seems good..

Tried the Fixed wing mode and noted something weird..

it says to hold the forward stick for three seconds and then hit C1.

I did that, a message popped up saying fixed wing mode is activated, I released the right stick and my Mavic cruises to a stop..
am I doing something wrong?

Just did mine through wifi, took 16:49 for it to complete
And settings seemed to be the same but would check
all just to be sure. Will fly shortly and see results.

Mavic Pro Release Notes
Mavic - Wherever you go
Copyright © 2017 DJI All Rights Reserved. 1
Date : 2017.05.09
Firmware : v01.03.0700
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.8
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.7
What’s New?
 Added support for DJI Goggles.
 Optimized gimbal self checking.
Notes:
 Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
 If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4, and retry.

Thanks for the info..

just finish updating and took it for another spin..
video seems good... flight seems good..

Tried the Fixed wing mode and noted something weird..

it says to hold the forward stick for three seconds and then hit C1.

I did that, a message popped up saying fixed wing mode is activated, I released the right stick and my Mavic cruises to a stop..
am I doing something wrong?
You have to turn it on in settings first

it is on..

i push the stick forward at a speed, it shows the plane icon and the C1 word beside it..

I clicked it, a green message pops up saying fixed wing is activated but when I release the right stick... the mavic stops and the C1 plane icon turns back into
the intelligent flight mode icon

it is on..

i push the stick forward at a speed, it shows the plane icon and the C1 word beside it..

I clicked it, a green message pops up saying fixed wing is activated but when I release the right stick... the mavic stops and the C1 plane icon turns back into
the intelligent flight mode icon

I've not tried it, but I believe you have to be moving forward at a certain speed before it will activate.

I guess the easiest way to find out is for you guys to try and see if it works...

I updated my RC without a hitch, but my Mavic stopped at 82%.. I had to restart the bird and then refresh and it says 100% completed..
I'm wondering whether that mess my fixed wing mode..

so I guess I'll wait for you guys to try it out and see whether it works for you guys..

mean time, maybe I will downgrade to some lower FW and back to .700 to see..

Beware...

Let's not forget how some of you had trouble with recent firmware, and should now know the value in waiting to see if the new firmware has issues before installing. Keep in mind, some issues may not show up for a few days or more.

I updated my firmware over air. Everything went smoothly and only took 10-15 minutes.
Will take for a flight a bit later this afternoon.

I updated my firmware over air. Everything went smoothly and only took 10-15 minutes.
Will take for a flight a bit later this afternoon.

Please do try your fixed wing mode and let me know whether it works fine for you or not..
Thanks

Can't say on the fixed wing as I don't use it but just burned
3 battery's with no issues with distance , POI,HL,CL or RTH.
Well not yet Frank.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada