DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TIP: Tap to focus (Android only)

G

For some reason I keep forgetting to "Tap to Focus" :-/

To help me remind this, I added a small rule to my "Tasker" app (an automate app for Android) what gives me a vocal warning to "Not forget the Tap to focus" when I start DJI Go / Go 4 or Litchi.
The same rule disables the Wifi and sets the phone to DND (do not disturb)

Works perfect :)

Maybe you'd show us low tech folk how to do this, I can't programme a washing machine cycle.. Screen dumps?

Reactions: Finlandos
The app now focuses when you start recording if you haven't done so shortly before, so...

Personally, having it focus when you start to record is just as bad as not having it focus...It only center focuses, what if your subject is not in the center, what if you compose your shot by focusing on your subject then hit record and tree branches get in the way = shot ruined. I have not confirmed that it actually does focus when you start to record, I know that for a few f/w versions that it has focused shortly after take off but heard conflicting info about when you start to record. Will test myself when mine gets back from DJI later today.

IMHO there is really no reason to forget to focus, it is a tool that needs this interaction to function properly and after a short period of use you will not forget..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots