DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To camera block or not to camera block?

Dronebow

Reactions
When I had the P3 there were several who created products that were designed to hold the camera in place rather than free float. I read several different opinions about it and decided that if DJI didn't sent something with the drone to block the camera in place then it wasn't important.

Now the Mavic does come with a camera block but I really don't know if it's designed to be reused or not. So opinions again here are welcome. Is it important to lock the camera down or is free float ok??

Yes, it's important to attach the gimbal lock when transporting your Mavic. You don't want the camera bouncing around when it's powered down.

The key to this is "When it is powered down".

Neither the globe or the gimbal lock are to be used when the drone is powered up. The gimbal must be allowed to move freely once you power the device on. The globe is meant to protect the gimbal from hits and scrapes during transport. There is a fan directly behind the camera and gimbal which pulls air through the craft over the circuit boards, and if the globe is covered, the heat is increased by a significant amount. Yes, there is a small opening in the globe to allow some air to come trough, but not large enough to assist in the cooling of the innards.

Put the lock and globe in place only for transport and storage.

Ok, going to have to paint that thing orange or something so I never forget to remove it...

Reactions: Deckyon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser